Chapter 21

Dysis followed McGonagall through the quiet corridors of Hogwarts, the only noise the clicking of her heels and the soft footsteps of Remus and Sirius on either side of her.

They hadn't let go of her arms yet and McGonagll hadn't ordered them to leave, so they continued to guide her through the halls.

Anger and rage still coursed through her body, sometimes turning to fire and sometimes coating her blood with ice. It stirred in her stomach and caused her bloody fists to clench every now and then. She could feel the blood dripping ever so slightly and wondered if it was her blood or the boy's blood. She'd felt her knuckles split against his face, but they'd healed almost immediately.

They continued through the corridors in silence, McGonagall's shoulders stiff as she stalked ahead. They finally reached her office and waited as she unlocked the door, then followed her inside quietly. Remus closed the door behind them and they made their way up to McGonagall's desk, where she was already sitting, somehow.

She watched them with those ice blue eyes as they made their way to her desk and stopped there, where Remus and Sirius slowly let go of her arms. She didn't move to take a seat, and neither boy made a move to leave. They remained standing, McGonagall staring right into Dysis's eyes, searching for something that Dysis wasn't sure she could give.

"I'm going to sit here quietly," McGonagall said in a low voice. "And if I don't have one hell of an explanation within two minutes this will be going straight to the Headmaster."

Dysis couldn't help tilting her head to the side ever so slightly and felt Remus and Sirius's unease. She was silent for a minute, letting every second tick by as she continued to stare at McGonagall.

The Professor didn't break eye contact once, and when her two minutes was nearly up, Dysis finally said, "Gloriella is illegal and it shouldn't be in the greenhouses."

That obviously caught McGonagall off guard and she blinked at Dysis. "It's....We have an exception as a school. It must be taught to the student on how to handle it with care."

"Well then it should be carefully monitored," Dysis gritted out through clenched teeth, her anger rising once again. "In case some slimy little ass decides to use it on another student."

Gloriella was a plant that—if brewed with a few other things—could be one of the most deadly paralysis drug in the world. She had had to learn how to expel it from herself quickly with the Pack and had spent hours unable to move, trying to force it out.

They were silent for a while, McGonagall wearing the smallest of frowns as she glanced from Dysis to the two boys beside her.

"Do the two of you have any idea what Ms.Staiton is talking about?" McGonagall asked and it took all of Dysis's strength not to flip the desk between them in complete rage. Even now, when she would probably be the talk of the whole school for a week, people were still treating her as if she wasn't even there—as if she was under James's stupid invisibility cloak.

"No, Professor," Remus said and McGonagall turned to look at Sirius.

"Mr. Black? Any ideas?" she asked and Dysis nearly rolled her eyes.

"Um, it could have something to do with Augusta," Sirius said quietly and Dysis whirled her head to look at him. He glanced at her before returning his gaze to McGonagall and saying, "I saw her up by the girl's dormitories. She had bruises all over her face."

Dysis made sure to keep her surprise off her face and slowly turned to look at the Professor, who was looking at Sirius with wide eyes along with Remus.

"And she told you that it was Mr.Hornbeam?" she asked, returning her gaze to Dysis. "And she told you he used Gloriella?"

"Not quite," Dysis said and McGonagall raised her eyebrows.