hell on earth

PART TWO OF DREAMLAND
( warnings: self harm, angst, attempted suicide, and substance abuse )

PART TWO OF DREAMLAND( warnings: self harm, angst, attempted suicide, and substance abuse )

STEVE ROGERS CAN BARELY MAKE HIMSELF BREATHE AS HE RUNS TOWARDS BUCKY'S DECAYING BODY. The man was turning to ash just before he fell, begging to his friend with the last ounce of strength he held. Discouraged and downright horrified, he placed his hand against the pile of dust.

The man stands sullenly, his belly taut with bile as he exchanges pain-filled looks with Thor. They had lost. Thanos snapped his fingers and the universe was screaming. Steve's head was throbbing from the hit, causing the blood to pump heavily in his brain as he tried to find the paralyzing words.

"Thor-" He gasped, choking on breath. Tears well up in both of their blue eyes as reality dawns on them.

The asgardian god dropped stormbreaker against the ground in defeat, the weapon reverberating against the cocoa soil they stood upon. Thanos had created a portal and walked through only moments prior and Thor just let him, too traumatized and stunned that he failed.

Steve's entire body trembles as his mouth parts open in a sob. Bucky, his life long friend and brother, was gone once more. They barely got to have one conversation before he was killed and immediately Steve dreaded the fact that his partner's death was his fault.

Then, the most pressing issue comes to mind as a loud crack of thunder pierces through the silence. It kick starts the super soldier into high gear as he turns away from Thor's stunned form, booking it back into the vast forest as he desperately tried to find his wife.

Nat and Anya. Nat and Anya.

Gosh he hoped they were okay. He couldn't bear the thought if one of them died. He knew full well that he would suffer if that happened, begging for the cold comfort of death too. The man couldn't live with himself.

"Natasha!" He cried into the air, Desperation was present in his tone as he fell to his knees, falling apart as he searched. Grimacing back a sob that still penetrated through his chest, Steve tried to call out to her once more. It didn't allude him that there were several more voices calling out to his loved ones as he did.

He couldn't see anything. The world was a deep blur of brown and green due to his tears and he was too overwhelmed to search further. Steve dreaded the fact that he was so useless, knowing full well that both of his girls needed him and he couldn't–

"Natasha, where are you?!" He screamed out, collapsing in on himself with a new round of sobs. "Oh God, I need you!"

There's a voice from behind and then a green and black form came into view. Natasha crashes into Steve's huddled form, pulling him into a deep embrace as he continues to sob. "Steve," She whispers against him, relief present in her voice. "I'm here. It's okay...we're gonna be okay."