prologue

I walked through the front doors of Empire Soul and all chatter came to a halt. I looked around at the faces of the crowd, some familiar, some new, and I finally realized that this place was mine.

Mine.

Empire Soul has become an actual restaurant.

Empire Soul is mine.

My restaurant.

I was in awe, because just three years ago, that's what I was calling the trailer sitting in my front yard, with a line up the street. Now, it's an actual establishment on Walnut Street.

I was proud of myself.

I walked to the back of the restaurant, still getting the occasional stare from a customer, and walked through the doors leading to the kitchen. I walked through another set of doors to my back office.
I sat down at the mahogany wood desk with the plush black chair and just sat back. I closed my eyes and just relaxed.

"Ms. Peterson... there's someone here to see you."

I didn't respond to my assistant, but, I sat up.

I was looking at something in my left desk drawer when the person walked in. I could tell it was a man from the heavy footsteps and the smell that lingered around him.
I looked up with a smile, but it immediately fell.

"Hello, Melanie," Daniel said.

--

As you can tell, this is just the beginning, just for you to get a feel of where things start and stand at the moment. 👌🏾

There will be more in store, just wait on it. But, leave inlines & vote ! ☺️

I love everything. 😩🙈