chapter five

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Jacob is everything any girl could want in a guy. He's sweet, charming, caring, loving, rich, handsome. He's almost the perfect package.

I love the fact that he's so open to the idea of dating an older woman. He hasn't asked me my age, hasn't said anything about the fact that I have kids, nothing. It's almost like he doesn't care.

I still don't know how or if I want to proceed with the relationship. At the moment, we are really good friends. He has his moments where he's all boyfriend type, but he hasn't officially asked me yet. I just don't know what I would say if he did.

I woke up to see the sun shining in through my opened blinds and the smell of bacon and syrup in the air. I flipped the covers to the side of my bed and walked into my bathroom. I took my shower and cleaned my face, and then proceeded to my closet.

Since it was a hot day, I chose some green shorts, a black shirt that tied around my neck with 🌜🌞 on the front in white, and some white converse. I may be older, but I still love to dress like I'm still 21.

I left my hair in its natural curly state and walked down the stairs to the living room. I found Drew, Brianna, and Teagan all on the sectional laughing.

"What's funny?" I asked intruding and taking a seat on the end.

"Well, since you may kn-," Drew started.

"It's not a may, it's an I am going to know," I corrected her.

"Since you MAY know...," Drew started. I rolled my eyes. "Teagan was over exaggerating me seeing Jacob the other day."

"From the way Tea told it, she made it seem like she was all over him and fainted." Brianna giggled.

"Well, she was. Would not let her mother get out the door for anything," Teagan overreacted.

"Oh my gosh! No I was not. I just had a spaz for a minute. I mean, who wouldn't? One of the greatest, and sexiest, professional football players was standing in my front door. I was going to spaz," Drew explained.

"How did you meet him anyway, Auntie?" Brianna asked.

That turned all of them to me for an explanation. I really didn't know how to explain it besides saying it.

"Well, I really don't know. I mean, one day after work, I spotted him in the mall. The next day, he got my attention at the grocery store, and he tried to get my number then. I didn't give it to him, but some how he figured out who I was because he showed up in the restaurant a couple of days later. And, that's it," I explained.

"Momma, why you gotta front? You know you was throwing that ass in a circle and he copped a feel," Drew said making us all burst into laughter.

"Watch your mouth, Drew. And, no I was not. I'm being honest," I said.

We talked a little longer before my phone rang. I picked it up and saw that it was Daniel calling.

Speaking of Daniel, I haven't spoken to my baby boy in forever. I miss him. I've been so caught up with Teagan, the girls, and the restaurant that I totally forgot a little bit.

"Hey. Is something wrong with Kevin?" I asked immediately.

"No, Momma. There's nothing wrong with me." Kevin blew his breath into the phone and I knew he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, baby. I miss you," I squealed.

"I miss you, too, Momma. What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just sitting here talking your auntie, your sister, and your cousin Brianna."