1. DID YOU ENJOY THAT?

"I know you did not just put me on hold!"

"Hello..."

"Hello..."

"Fuck this shit!"

"Chill the fuck out, I'm still here. " I grab my phone from the dresser and align it with my face coming face to face with the nagging voice on the other end.

"What the hell were you still doing? You know nobody puts the Prince on hold."

"I was getting dressed, you complain too much."

"I wouldn't have to if you had more respect for time. This African time crap only works for boring events. "

"I'll be down in a few, just chill out bro."

"Five minutes dog, five min-"

I hang up before he can finish because I know he won't stop talking and will distract me then still get mad that I'm late.

I catch a reflection of myself on the mirror and I smirk at how good Iook before mentally going through the list of things I need for the night.

Good looks. Check

Cellphone. Check

Hard cash and bank card. Check

Alright, I'm good to go.

I grab my blazer and I turn off my bedroom lights then I go downstairs to say goodnight to my family before heading out.

I find my mom and siblings watching some series on netflix, she's cuddling with my litte sister while my little brother sits comfortably alone on the other couch busy with his phone but pretending to be interested in what they are watching.

I sit on the arm of the couch putting my arm around her "Dad's not back yet?"

"No, but he must be on his way. Are you heading out already?"

"I wanted to but I can wait until he arrives."

"Don't be silly, go and have fun. We'll be alright, Plus Prince must be getting bored outside." she says with a knowing smile.

"He's ready to chop my head off as it is." I chuckle and get up "I'll see you tomorrow, don't wait up." I tell her earning a glare from my little sister who's mad because she couldn't bag a sleepover just days ago.

"How is it that he gets to stay out till late and I couldn't go to a sleepover?" she asks mom with a frown.

"Because you weren't really going to a sleepover, sweetheart. You should be grateful I didn't tell your dad." Mom says casually and Rinae purses her lips in shock at the fact that our mom saw right through her, when will she learn? Nothing gets past this woman.

I look at my little brother who's looking at me with pleading eyes then he whispers "Take me with you."

"Don't even think about it." Mom shuts him down before I can answer.

"Sorry bro." I try not to laugh.

"But ma, I'm almost 18."

"Almost. Not yet." she says and he continues sulking.

"Well, that's my cue. Let me love and leave you." I hug both my mother and little sister from behind then I mess with my little brother's hair trying to cheer him up but it doesn't work " Just a few more months, kid." I say then walk out.

"His royal fucking highness, you finally decided to grace me with your presence." Prince snarls at me and I ignore him and move in to give him a bro hug.