Chapter 2

~Madison's POV: 3 Weeks Later~

**********

*Beep* *Beep* *Be-

I thrust my hand outwards towards the side of my bed and shut my alarm off.  Well, technically, it falls onto the floor, but I'm too lazy to care.  At least it's Friday.

I slowly but surely rise from my heap of blankets and begin to get ready.  I decide on a floral peplum top and simple denim shorts, with gold strappys and bangles that compliment my tan-ish skin.  I don't wear makeup, so I run down the stairs and greet my mom with a good morning hug.  She made banana-strawberry smoothies, one of my favorite things to have for breakfast.  It's sweet but healthy and awakening instead of sleep-inducing.

I wave goodbye to my mom and dash out the front door, scarfing down my smoothie in the process.  My best friend, and probably my only friend, Sierra Wolcott, waits for me in her convertible.  She might be even nerdier than me, if she wasn't so lazy all the time.

"Hey, beyotch." I smirk, smacking her head with my backpack .

"Shut up, loser.  Your outfit makes you look like crap, if it makes you feel any better." She winks as she fixes her hair and revs up the engine.

We insult each other all the time, but it's more light-hearted than offensive to us.

"Did you ever find out about the concert?" Sierra wonders alloud.

"Nope.  They probably already called the winner by now.  I mean it's almost been a month!"  I groan.  "It was worth a shot anyways, I would do anything for those boys."

"Well, that's great, but when you marry Harry one day, I'll be sitting there happily with Justin watching you." Sierra smiles to herself.  She's a Belieber. It gets annoying when she talks about Justin all the time.  But then again, it must be torture for her to listen to me talk about 1D.  I mean, there's four more of them.  Oh well, her loss.

As we pull up to the school parking lot, the first bell blares across campus.

"Shoot! We're gonna be late!" Sierra panics. 

We dash towards the nearest door and run into AP English.  We have every class together, since we're in all AP classes.  Sierra slides into her seat just in time, but unfortunately, I just so happen to slip on a sheet of paper Amber Emerson, the most popular girl in school (don't ask me how she got into this class, she's dumber than a brick), "accidentally" dropped, leaving me sprawled out on the floor right in front of my teacher, Ms. Dixon, who looks at me like she's been possessed by the devil.

My cheeks redden as everyone in the class giggles softly.  I get up and shoot Amber a death glare with my brown eyes as I slump into my desk in the back.  I remain quiet for the rest of class, not in the mood to talk after what just happened.

After class, I collect my books and walk past Amber, trying to avoid looking at her.

"Still haven't improved on your clumsiness, I see." She snorts.

I went to the same elementary school as her, and back then I didn't have what you call good hand-eye coordination, or any sort of coordination for that matter.

I ignore her and meet Sierra at the front of the classroom.

"That little..." I begin to steam in anger from Amber.

"I know.  I know.  What does she even have the right to make fun of you anyways?  She looks like a crayon raped her face today."  Sierra calms me down.

"I see you're beginning to quote 1D, I like it." I grin.  I'm finally rubbing off on her!

"Whatever keeps you sleeping at night." She yawns.

~Six hours later~

"Thanks girlie!  Shop-till-we-drop Saturday?" I ask.  Every Saturday, Sierra and I go shopping at the mall.  Since we always end up exhausted by the end of the day, we decided to call it that.

"Of course!  Why would I ever miss it?!" She says.

I smile and wave goodbye and I walk through the front door, only to bump into my mom.

"Oof!  Sorry mom!  Didn't see ya there."  I joke.  She's 5'3" and I'm quite a ways taller at 5'8"

"Yeah, yeah, sure.  Someone called the house today looking for you but you never responded.  Some weird dude.  They told me to have you call back with this number."  My mom hands me a slip of paper.

Confused, I take my iPhone out and dial the number.

"Hello?" Someone answers tiredly.

"Hi, this is Madison Harvey, you called earlier?"

"Oh yes...give me a second please." One second, two, three, four; the anxiety is killing me.

"Sorry to break it to you Madison, but you won the One Direction contest."  A familiar voice tells me solemnly.

"It's ok...I should've kno- WAIT WHAT?!" I nearly scream into the phone.  I hear laughter on the other end.

"Gotcha!  My tone of voice always works.  Congratulations!  You won two front row tickets to the next TMH One Direction concert in Miami!"  The man says.

I try to keep cool but my fangirling instincts take over and I scream.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for like ruining your ear for life, sir." I gasp, only to be bombarded with more chuckles.

"It's alright love, I've heard MUCH worse.  And call me Simon."

At this I basically faint.  I'm talk to THE Simon Cowell!

"Th-thank you so much Simon!  You don't know how much better my life just got!"  I squeal.

"I should in fact be thanking you for being a fan and entering an amazing application.  I actually enjoyed reading yours."

I can die right now and be happy.  Ok, not really, but still.  Simon just complimented me!

My mom walks into the room to see what's going on and just so happens to do so while I'm beaming like an idiot to myself.  We slowly backs away, a mixture of horror and confusion lingering in her eyes.  If only she knew what the life of a Directioner was like, then she'd probably join me.

"We'll send you the tickets using the information you provided us.  We can't wait to see you.  Have a nice day."  Simon concludes.

"Y-you t-too."  I stutter, and with that, he hangs up.

What just happened to me?!?!

**********

I hope you guys enjoyed!  Probably predictable and hopefully a bit longer than last time.

A vote/comment would be highly appreciated! 1 Vote for the next chapter!

Also, spread the word?

:)

-thextraordinarylife