The Start

I pass the Hollywood sign as I make my way to my new apartment. The move from San Francisco to LA was a bit rough, but none the less, I'm here now. If it wasn't for my moms support, I probably would've never had the guts moving out here. But she made it possible, my bestfriend and everything more.

It felt like it was only yesterday I was singing in her coffee shop. Here I am all the way across the state trying to make her proud. I have my first meeting with Republic Records tomorrow. Scooter Braun first contacted me through email, after he seen a video of me go viral on YouTube. I'm forever grateful for him taking a chance on me. He says he has big plans for me, so much as opening up for Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

As I'm pulling into the garage for my apartment my phone begins to ring. I grab my bag from the floor, brushing through the papers and retrieve my phone.

"Hey Mom." I set my bag down. "Hey honey! You didn't let me know when you landed, I was getting worried." Her voice was frantic. I didn't mean to worry her, I just got lost in thought. "I know I know, I'm just taking it all in right now. I promise I'll communicate better. I'm doing good though, just a bit nervous but it was expected." I sigh. "It's okay, I understand. I'm just glad to hear you're okay. And the nerves will go down. Just relax and do what you were set out to do. I couldn't be more proud of you." My eyes begin to slightly water but I'm able to control it.

"Thank you Mom. I appreciate you and your support." The driver comes around my side and opens the door for me. Which means I've finally got to my apartment level. "Listen Mom, I just got to my apartment so I'll call you soon to update you." I said.  "Alrighty, well I love you. Call me if you need anything." "Will do, love you too."

As I hung up I grabbed the few bags that I put in the backseat with me. Making my way to the door being held by the driver I walked into a hallway. "Ms. Carter your apartment door should be to the left." I look back at him and give him a smile as a thank you. "Before you head out can I get your name." I said as he stands by the door. "Henry Bolton. You can call me Bolton, Ms. Carter." He said while putting his hand out for me to shake. I drop my bags making my way to his hand. "Please, Y/N is just fine. I don't think we have to be on last name bases. Plus I'll be seeing a lot of you right?" He shook my hand.

"For business inquiries yes Ms. Carter, and whenever you personally need me." I look at him with disappointment. "Oh come on Henry. It's just Y/N. I'm barely 20, the formality isn't necessary." He looks at me with question. "Well if you say so, I'll be here tomorrow at 9am to take you to Republic. Y/N." I smile at him, having a proud moment. "There you go, look at you!" I start heading to my apartment door. "Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow... Henry." Before I close the door I catch him grin a bit before walking back to the garage.

As I walk into my apartment I'm left speechless. It was furnished right out of a magazine. Almost afraid to touch anything because I know my clumsy self would break something. I make my way to the balcony and take in the view. Cars passing, music in the distance, and the city lights making it all come to life. I take a deep breath in, "This is really my life now."

The vibration in my back pocket takes me out of my trance.

Scooter: Y/N. Hope you're settling in. Welcome to LA. Can't wait for our meeting tomorrow!

Me: I can't thank you enough, it's also so great. I'm looking forward to it as well!

I set my phone back in my pocket and head back inside. I look around the living room, almost like it's not right. Good thing I brought picture frames.

I start setting them around the table near the couch. Also placing a couple of my Marvel and Sports figuring's on shelves that are hanging from the wall. Then I head to my room, adding a few touches in there.

After hanging up a frame I begin to unpack my clothes. Usually a normal person would leave the unpacking for a couple more days but I need to keep myself busy. If I just lay down then I'll overthink, so hopefully all this moving around will tire me out.

Once I get out of the shower I put my phone on the charger and look around my room. Making sure I'm all settled in. The picture frame on the tv stand is a bit crooked, which bothers the heck out of me but I can't bring myself to get up. I lye down hoping to just ignore it and fall asleep.

_____

*RING* *RING*

My alarm goes off and I turn to see the sun creeping into my room from the blinds. I sit myself up and wipe my face. Realizing I'm meeting with my record label today I get up quickly to begin to get ready.

"Shit." Toothpaste fell on my shirt. I guess I can change it.

 I guess I can change it

*Your Outfit*

After touching myself up in the mirror, I look to my phone to see a text from Henry.

Henry: I'm outside.
Me: Heading down :)

He should really start using emojis. It's really not welcoming with a period. I'll need to talk to him about it.

I walk out my apartment and head to the garage. I see Henry from the distance and give him a quick smile.

"Good morning Ms.- I mean Y/N." He said. "What's up Henry, and thank you." I acknowledged how he fixed to saying my name.

"By the way, have fun with the emojis. You don't have to be so serious through text." I gave him a playful smile. He looks through the rear view mirror, "I'll take that into consideration."

The drive was silent, other than the music that was playing through the radio. Coast by Hailee Steinfeld was playing. I couldn't help but feel nervous, considering the fact that Hailee is also signed with Republic and here her song is playing on the radio. The thought of one of my songs being played through the radio like hers gives me the chills.

I look out the window till I'm met with a large building. "Holy Shit." I said. Henry looked back towards me grinning. "Welcome to the big leagues kid." Henry laughed. "Yeah no kidding, a very big league."

A.N
I know this is basic so far but then fun will happen soon. I hope you're enjoying so far.