Laughs and Life Stories

~Shakes POV~

"Soooo Esperanza?"

"Hm?" She said, nonchalantly and focusing on putting stuff in her locker while a sat on the bench. (Not to mention exhaustingly sat on the bench- like WHAT was in the boxes, dumbbells???)

"If you don't mind, tell me about yourself. Where are you from? Where do you live? How did coach find out about you?"

"Woah, that's like a whole lot of questions dude. I mean I don't mind SOOO- sure I'll tell you."

"Okay!" I excitedly sat up ready cuz I knew a story was coming. FINALLY SOMETHING INTERESTING

~Esperanza POV~

Of first off- Shakes is such a goofball- but its so adorableee... He just went from bored as heck to an excited playful little puppy in a matter of seconds... I just couldn't resist giggling to myself.

Gosh now I sound like a little teenage girl in middle school.

"1. I was actually born in America, Queens to be exact. But due to some factors I moved here, to Strikaland. 2. I live near the Community Centre- which is like wayyyyy far from here but anyways- and 3. I'm 19, so yeah."

"Okay... That- was a really brief introduction."

"Haha yeah well I'm not exactly good at these things. If you want more answers, you better be specific Shakes."

"Umm ok I guess. To make this less awkward, why don't we play 20 questions? So then you'll get to know about me too?"

"Sure why not."

"Ok, first question. Who's in your family? Like parents, grandparents, siblings...?"

"Hm, well..."

"I-if you don't want to answer it, t-that's fine! Totally okay. I won't pry." He said furiously waving his hands.

"No no! It's not that... I- It's been a long time since anyone asked about them, it just brings back bad memories."

"It's fine! You don't need to tell me really-"

"No! I- I mean- I want to tell you, really. But I just hope I don't sound weird or desperate or something."

"... O-of course not- You can tell without hesitation. I'll believe you."

~Shakes POV~

Man, Esperanza was really looking like she was seriously in pain. I mean, not the physical injury kind of thing. It was like the words were getting stuck in her throat, like her heart had this invisible knife through it. Even though I didn't know her all that much, I still felt sorry for her.

"Thanks- It really means a lot. Many people treat me differently after they hear my story. They think I'm asking for sympathy and friends with the sob story. To the extent that I've just stopped telling people anything, really. It's better than to deal with the drama." She smiled, sadly.

WHO HURT THIS PRECIOUS INNOCENT GIRL IM GONNA MURDER THEM-

But damn, her smile was really something else. Even though she was really sad and depressed looking right now; I can only imagine how beautiful it might be when she was really happy.

OH MY GOSH- ASFJKHWK- I SOUND LIKE A SAPPY MIDDLE SCHOOL TEEN GIRL WTH-

ANYWAYS-

~Esperanza POV~

"Don't worry. I'm not like a lot of people." He said and smiled. 

Gosh, his smile was warmer than the African Sun, it just made your heart melt into a puddle and-