Meeting the Homies (2)

ESPERANZA POV

I was feeling a bit anxious because I couldn't remember if I'd locked the doors and windows or not, and with Lesley on the porch...

Anyways ... I tried to forget about it and sat down in the car with Shakes. We reached her house fairly quickly and Mrs. Mokena invited me inside. She's super nice btw.

Then a younger girl comes running into the room and nearly strangles Shakes. I'm guessing she's the one called Nandi. Aw, she's soooo cute and pretty and sweet I'm gonna die-

Ah, I wonder if my brother would have ever cared about me like this.

Ah shit- stop it you weirdo you're gonna start crying in front of Shakes and his family if you keep thinking of stuff like that.

Shakes' sister breaks me out of my train of thoughts when she says, "So... I never knew you were this kinda guy big bro~"

Huh? What kind of guy? Shakes is so nice what did she mean-

"What even-" he starts to say when she interrupts him again.

"Ah shh- SHH. Nope, I don't wanna hear anything else. I mean you could've at least told your sister before going ahead and getting yourself a girlfriend! I mean the odds-"

"NANDI! She isn't- It's not what it looks like, I swear!"

"What does it look like then?" I ask.

Lol he opens and closes his mouth several times like a cute little pufferfish. He's so adorable honestly-

OKAY. So, I must've been smirking when I said that because Nandi looked at me and said, "Ooo, so you're the naughty type, huh? Well I'll have you know only I can tease my brother like that~" she said while smiling.

"I'm Nandi btw, and you are, if not, his significant other then?"

"Oh, I'm Esperanza- just Esperanza. I'm a substitute for Coach while he's going to be away for a while. Me and Shakes are good friends now."

"Haha, right. Gotcha. Oh! Looks like Mom's calling us for snacks! Race you to the table!"

My battle instincts went up and all my manners just went flying out the window. Yep. 

"Oho, you're so on~ LAST TO REACH THE TABLE GETS EXTRA TRAINING!"

And I go flying at top speed- I-I mean, not really flying, but I was running really fast so practically flying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So... Coach gave a substitute. What for?"

I didn't say anything because I thought Esperanza was going to reply. Two seconds later I look over at her and realize she's mid bite. I let out a small laugh that built up in my throat. She's adorable. (A/N:*cough cough sorry not sorry cough*)

So, I decide to answer for her. 

"We have a substitute because Coach had to leave for some important stuff from the Board of Directors. It was classified, so even we don't know that much."

"Hmm. Okay. So, Esperanza, tell me about yourself?"

"Mom! This isn't an interview, let the girl breathe.", I say, and Nandi and Mom gave me a look that says, 'Lemme check what kinda girl she is kay?'

"Umm... Well, I- My favorite colors are blue, grey, brown and...  oh! Black. Oh, but I really like red too." Nandi smirked at that for some reason. Huh, I wonder why.