Chapter 3

A metal ball rolled into the center of our circle and exploded. I was flung into a pile of metal debris and I felt a bit of blood come from my nose. I wiped it off and looked in the direction of the ball.

"Thanos!" An unknown voice yelled. "Aaaaaaah!"

I looked in the direction of the voice and I saw a blue man covered in red tattoos. There were a few other creatures and one human. The human started to fly and Tony chased him. The human started to fire at Tony, and Tony fired back. Tony knocked the man aside and the man chuckled. He hit a button, and Tony's suit got stuck to a piece of debris. I saw Peter get knocked to the ground by the man, and I stood up. Peter jumped up and crawled around on the platform above. He lunged at the man, but the man threw a kind of tranquilizing rope around Peter and he fell to the ground.

Tony got unstuck and he flew over to the creature with blue skin and red tattoos. He put his leg on the creature's chest and charged his repulsor. The man grabbed Peter and pointed the gun he was holding at Peter's head. My eyes widened as I watched it all go down.

"Alright! Everyone stay where you are! Chill the F out!" The man yelled. He was defiantly human. He tapped his mask with his free hand and it disseminated. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where is Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better! Who is Gamora?" Tony asked the man.

"I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?" The blue creature yelled. I would have laughed if my boyfriend wasn't being held hostage by a madman.

"Tell me where the girl is or I'm gonna french fry this little freak," The man gestured to Peter, who didn't move.

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy and I'll blast him!" Tony charged his repolser in the blue creatures' direction. "Let's go!"

"Do it, Quill! I can take it," The blue creature said bravely.

"No, he can't take it!" An odd creature with an antenna yelled in response.

"She's right he can't," Doctor Strange agreed.

"You don't want to tell me where she is? That's fine," The man continued. "I'll kill all three of you and I'll beat it out of Thanos myself! Starting with you!" He put the gun deeper into Peter's head.

"Wait what Thanos-" Doctor Strange shook his head. "Alright, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?"

"What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" The man responded.

I chuckled and the man's head snapped towards me. He must've thought that I wasn't there. I walked out of the darkness and stared at him.

"You think you can just waltz in the ship that we rightfully stole," I crossed my arms. "And threaten to kill my family,"

"What are you gonna do?" The man asked mockingly. He pointed the gun at me, and I raised my hand. I summoned the mist and bent the man's arm backward so the gun fell out of his hand. He yelped and he let go of Peter.

"I can do a lot of things," I walked up to him. "But I can't tolerate disrespect,"

"Okay! Okay!" The man nodded, clearly straining. "You win! You win!"

I flung him twenty feet backward and he landed on his side. He immediately got back up and stared at me.

"What are you?" He asked, clearly confused.

"A god, compared to you," I smirked and Peter fist-bumped me.

"You think you can defeat Thanos?" The man asked and he took a step closer to me.