Chapter 5

"Wake up S," Someone was shaking me. "C'mon, we gotta go,"

I opened my eyes in confusion. My brain was fuzzy and I couldn't remember what I was doing. Then I remembered the fight with Thanos, and me being dusted.

"Hey," Peter was smiling over me. "We gotta go,"

"What?" I blinked.

"It's been five years S," Peter said and his smile melted.

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

"It's been five years," He repeated. "We have been gone for five years, and now Tony needs our help,"

I sat up and looked around. We were still in space, just like we had been when I was dusted. "I-Is he okay? Is he hurt?" I was shaking pretty badly.

"He's fine, I think..." Peter helped me up. "That is all Doctor Strange told me. I am just as confused as you are,"

I looked at him and remembered when I stared at his dissipating body. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. "I saw you die..." I looked at him again. "You dissolved. You were dead and... so was I," I looked down, still trying to process all of the information.

"I know," Peter grabbed my shoulder. "But we are okay now,"

I nodded. "How do we get there?"

"I'm way ahead of you," Doctor Strange made a portal leading to somewhere. He walked through, and the others followed. Peter webbed over, and I ran through the portal. On the other side was an ablaze battleground, and people were walking out of the yellow circles all across the terrain. I scanned the battleground, and I saw Tony looking up from the ground, his face slightly scratched up. When he saw me, he looked revealed. I smiled and looked at everyone who had gathered. We walked forward and I was at the front line. Everyone did the same and I summoned the mist.

"Avengers!" I heard Steve yell from a few meters away. He was wielding Mjölnir, which didn't surprise me. "Assemble," He said quietly, and we all charged at the enemy.

I came in contact with one of the monsters and ripped him apart with the mist. For some reason, I felt stronger than I had in space. I raised multiple monsters into the air and then slammed them into the ground. I continued to kill monsters until a monster kicked me to the ground. He was about to step on me when it got blasted in the shoulder. It fell to the ground, and Tony ran over.

His face mask dissolved, and I saw how beat up he was. He looked so tired.

"Hey-" I was cut off by Tony giving me a big hug. I hugged him back and felt how light he was. He hadn't been eating.

"I thought I lost you," He cried.

"You did," I whispered. "But I'm back,"

"Five years..." He pulled away and shook his head. "I had no one for five years,"

"But what about Steve? And Bruce, and Nat..." His expression stopped me. "What?"

"Honey," He grabbed my hand. "Natasha is..."

"Dad," I stared at him. "Where is she?"

He hesitated. "She sacrificed herself for one of the stones,"

I stared at him. "But she is back now?"

He shook his head, and I covered my mouth with my hand. "Oh no,"

"She's gone," He said sadly. "And we can't get her back,"

Tears welled in my eyes and Tony gave me another hug. Natasha Romanoff was dead.