𝟙.𝟞

"Let it out bud

"Let it out bud."
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

As much as Will, disliked thinking of his time in the apocalypse. There was one memory that he will forever be brought back to one in particular.

As he sat on the dirty ground, his back leaning against a large piece of rubble from the old land, Will sat with closed eyes and furrowed brows, giving a look of contemplation. "What are you thinking about?" Asked Five, formally a teen, and now adult.

He stood across from the blonde, and paused what he was previously doing, which was writing on the halfway broken chalkboard they managed to salvage, from the wreckage of a building. Will opened only one eye, to respond to the man, with a voice deeper than what it once was from age, "Thinking" he responded, before closing his eye again, and leaning his head back to face the ashen clouds. "About?" Five pressed further, having nothing else to occupy himself with.

"Well," he paused, pushing himself to stand, brushing off the rubble from hits pants. "It's just...well ever since we discover we both had unique abilities, I've been wondering if there were any more of us out there." He explained, " i mean, there's your siblings, so that's eighth of us-" he was cut off, "seven." Five told him, "Our sister Vanya doesn't have powers"

Will nodded at that, remembering Five had mentioned that once before, "righty, but I still find it odd. You if there are more of us, do you think they also tried to stop it?" He asked. Five looked away in thought before turning around and sliding down a rock, to plop onto the ground, and shrugged his shoulders. "What's it matter? If they did they failed, and are dead."

"Wow." Will whistled, walking over and sliding down to sit next to the boy, their fingers almost touching, "that's very grim, even for you pouty." Will said, using the nickname he had given to the man, who always seemed so be upset. Five just shrugged in response, moving to lay his head on the blondes shoulder, his eyes closed as comfort flashed through his body.

Will did nothing, to stop him, instead he opted to lay, his head onto the formers. He was no longer the boy he was before, perhaps it was due to his unique situation, of being stuck in the future. Or, it could be due to his only other companion— which was not by choice— being an irritable boy.

In order to survive the two must have grown tolerable of each other. Will, had no issue with Five, other than the occasional digs at the boy, whenever he did something he didn't like. Which more or less, happened frequently. The two boys, now grown men had adjusted fairly quickly to this life. Five learned to be more tolerable and considerate of Wills constant anxiety over their circumstances. And Will grew to be more calm, and calculating. He was alike Five in that way.

Now, the two were very comfortable with each other. It was unusual for sure, on both parties sides. For Will it was due to not really having a good relationship with anyone, especially one like his and Fives.