Chapter 5

»»——⍟——««

"Last day in Colorado, let's rock this place,"  my mother, Kendall, said clapping up and down the hallways still in her white silk pajamas. I groan at the sound of the words ' last day. '

"Harp, get up blondie," I pull the covers off of her. "Don't call me that," She shouted back. She hates when I call her a Blondie. She not even a natural blonde.

It's around 9 in the morning so I decide to take one of the bathrooms first. I grab some clothes, my skincare, and my makeup bag.

I knocked, no reply. One more time to make sure. No reply. I open the door and see Jaden. Jaden? Jaden.

"I knocked like 3 times, why didn't you answer," I sassed.

"Twice actually," he corrected. "And, I don't know," he shrugged pushing through me. I just let out a small scoff and placed my items on the counter. I turn the shower on and lock the door.

When I get out, I brush my teeth. I do my skincare and put on primer. After, I put on contour and highlighter. On my cheeks and inner corner of my eye. Then, I put on mascara and close my makeup bag. I brush my hair out and put it into a high slick bun.

I walk out the bathroom, down the stairs. Walking into the kitchen, I take a quick glance at Jaden, who is talking with my mom.

"morning," I smiled towards Kaylen. She smiled and opened her arms for a hug. Kaylen gives great hugs honestly.

"good morning Elizabeth,"  she exited the hug.

I walked over and grabbed me a cold water instead of coffee, lactose intolerant. Jaden walked over to me and grabbed me by my hand forcing me into the nearest bathroom.

"I'm sorry, please just understand that. I know your friends with Kaylen now, but she forced herself onto me. Two seconds later you walked in. I was trying to get her off of me Liz, just please, I'm sorry," Jaden confessed. He wasn't crying tho, atleast the same way I saw him crying earlier.

"It's fine Jaden, I forgive you. Friends?" I suggested. "Friends," he agreed.

I walked out the bathroom and sat on the couch waiting for Harper. I thought about the scene that just happened. I really wanted to stay more than friends with Jaden but he agreed to staying friends so I guess that's what we have to go with.

»»——⍟——««

"So, how have you been," Jaden questioned as we were walking through the Colorado snow.

"well, we're on the same trip so I can't really do things on my own," I laughed.

"I miss that," he looked over at me. "missed what," I said confused.

"your laugh, it's really cute." I smiled and looked the other way at the comment he made.

Jaden took his left arm and wrapped it around my shoulders. Now I miss this.

Jaden began to question, "Are you blushing?".

"Maybe," I looked down to cover my face. Instead of it hanging low, Jaden grabbed my chin with his non-dominant hand.

"It's cute," he smiled and let go.

For a second I thought he was gonna kiss me. And maybe, just maybe, I hoped so.

"Let's go," Jaden said hand in hand with me running through the crisp white snow.

»»——⍟——««

"Just put it on outer banks or something, it's a simple decision," Harper declared.

"Dont put it on that! Its not summer its literally winter time, put it on home alone," Hailey chanted in.

"I could agree with that. I'm putting it on Home Alone, sorry Harps," my mom sighed.

We watched a little bit until Jaden bursted through the open door.

"Can I steal Elizabeth, thank you Miss," Jaden said looked over at my mom and lifting me off of the chair I was sitting on.

"I wonder why Elizabeth has been so quiet," I heard Hailey whisper before I left in Jadens arms.

"Hello, what's up," I questioned Jaden looking towards him. He smiled before asking this heart-warming question.

"May I have a hug Lizzy," he looked up at me after fidgeting with his hands. I nodded my head slowly but surely and he pulled me into a very long hug. Jaden didn't give hugs very often, well he used to but that was before we, you know, broke up.

"Thank you," Jaden thanked, but this time it felt like he really meant it.

"I'm gonna go pack. Also, your welcome," I returned back.

I walked out of their room and into mine and the others. "Nevermind I'll just start in the bathroom," I spoke aloud walking towards the bathroom. I grabbed all of my shower products from the cabinets and all of the leftover skincare products out that I owned.

( let's just say you finished packing im not gonna waste time going step by step of the packing process)

»»——⍟——««

I am so happy I finally have the time to update. It's been so crazy oh my goodness. Love life at school is very confusing the worst stage happened. He got a haircut. Its not bad but its not the best honestly. Anyways I started softball again and I'm catcher yay. We have red pants instead of white this year. Also if you didn't know my school has uniform and I'm finally realizing how pretty it is. The pants are really nice so are our skirts. The sweatshirts I would wear on a daily basis but I don't. Also so sorry for the short chapter. The polos are really nice honestly. Anyways life is something. I'm on the second The summer I turned pretty series book. It's called Its Not Summer Without You im pretty sure. I've been Team Jeremiah and Cam Cameron from the start, sorry I can't pick lol. But yk Conrad is like giving me mixed emotions rn. Also so sorry for this random ranting. I have no clue how I'm subject hopping rn but anyways I've been using some The Summer I Turned Pretty references and like kinda blending it with my story but I'll probably try and make it stand out more. And I'm also to tired to proof read I'm so sorry.

1038 words