After The Lifetime Premier

4 AM Sunday morning. Jade woke up alone in bed. And she felt the absence of her girlfriend. She remembered what happened, cursing inwardly at the events that led to this. It all started the day before but Jade didn't realize it at the time.

It was during their annual Fourth of July get-together on the shore near the

The gang was gathered on the sandy expanse of beach south of the Santa Monica Pier. They got there early in the afternoon to get a prime spot for the official Fourth of July fireworks from the pier that would commence roughly a half hour after dusk

Once they had the spot, set the coolers and towels down, they peeled out of their t-shirts and shorts, revealing swim garb – the girls in bikinis and the boys in cut offs, cargo shorts and beach shorts.. The girls decided to catch some rays as the boys played in the surf like little kids.

Cat and Sam, living the closest to the beach, were the last to arrive for some unexplained reason. As soon as they saw the rest, Cat ran up, yelling, "JADE! JADE! JADEY!"

Jade got ready to blow up at her old friend when Tori placed her hand on Jade's forearm. With a sigh, Jade asked wearily, "What is it, Cat?"

"Whatty?"

Before Jade could say anything, Tori prompted Cat, "What did you want with Jade?"

"Oh! I wanted to tell her something."

Jade growled, "What?"

With a sweet, innocent smile, Cat said, "I… Sam made me forget."

"Hey! Don't blame me! You jumped on me and…" Sam reddened and coughed.

"That's why you got here last?" Trina asked.

"And Cat can't remember what was so important?" Christy added.

Sam shook her head, muttering, "I think I created a nymphomanaical monster."

A series of grunts and coughs were the sole response from the girls on the towels. Sam laid down on her own blanket as Cat asked, "Where are the guys?"

"Down there," Tori lazily pointed towards the water.

With that, Cat raced to join them. Then she raced back, shook herself, spraying water on several of the girls. "C'mon! The water is great!"

She raced back to the water, then back to her friends.

This finally prompted the rest to join in the watery hijinks. As Jade put it, "I was getting tired just watching her…"

They started to cavort with their male counterparts in the surf, laughing, splashing and shouting to one another.

Tori decided her girl wasn't wet enough and jumped on Jade's back. Catching the beauty off balance, they both tumbled into the waves. Tori was up on her feet first with a big smile on her face as she tossed her long, soaked tresses over her shoulder.

Jade slowly started to rise, glaring at Tori the whole time. Another wave hit and she tumbled back into the water. Getting to her feet a little more quickly, Jade tried to renew her glare but it was weakened by the wet hair splayed across her face. Roughly combing it back, she let out a loud, throaty growl. The growl turned into a rumbling, "Vegaaa… Tori Vegaaa…"

Not waiting for her girlfriend to finish, Tori yelled, "You gotta catch me first!"

With that, she raced off towards the pier, dodging beach goers now scattered thickly across the sand. Jade followed, less caring about the groups she raced through in pursuit of her prey.

After they disappeared into the shadows under the pier, the gang waited for them to return. After several minutes, Cat yelled, "Jade's going to kill Tori!"