Chapter 7

They set up another search party for Robin today. I decided I should help, it was the least I could do. If there's a chance he's out there.. I really hope today is the day he finally comes home.

I made plans to go with Finn to the search. I heard the doorbell ring so I knew, he's right on time. I checked my watch, it was exactly 7pm. I slipped on some sneakers before heading downstairs.

"I'll be home later dad." I yelled before walking out. "Be safe!" I heard him yell from the kitchen.

I felt butterflies as I reached for the door handle, I took a deep breath before pulling the door open.

"You ready to go?" Finn asks. "Yup" I smile as I walk out with him, shutting the door behind me. We walked a few blocks before we finally reached the woods.

We ran after the others who were huddled in a group. An officer separated us into smaller groups.

Everyone began walking around calling out for Robin. "Robin!" I hear multiple people yell from afar.

"Robin!" I yell as I cup my mouth. "Robin!" Finn yells after me. "Do you think we're gonna find him?" I ask as a twig snaps beneath me. "I hope so" he replies.

We slowly start going in a different direction from the group, leaving us alone. "Ally, I- uh I wanted to tell you something." Finn says as he comes to a stop. "What is it?" I ask, hoping it was what I thought it was. I stopped walking too and turned to face him, locking eyes.

"Uh- your shoe's untied" he clears his throat, looking down at my shoe. "Oh" I crouch down to tie my shoelace.

I stood back up but I felt a cold breeze that sent shivers down my spine. "Here take my sweater" he says taking off his sweater and wrapping it around me. "Oh, thanks Finn" I shoot a small smile as we continue walking.

Does he even like me back?

"I li-" "so uhm" we both speak at once. "Sorry, what were you going to say?" I furrow my eyebrows as I turn my head to glance at him. "Uh nothing, what were you going to say?" He quickly turns the conversation back at me.

"Nothing" I clear my throat. "Oh" I hear him whisper under his breath. "Robin!" I yell cupping my mouth again.

Good god this is awkward. There's this thick tension in the air and the silence is making it worse.

"How's Gwen?" I ask trying to make conversation. "She's good, you know. She's been hanging out with her friend Susie a lot." He laughs. "That's nice" I look down at my shoes while walking.

"Are those boys still picking on you?" I ask while glancing at him. "Sometimes, not all the time.. but it's harder now. You know, since Robin is gone." He sighs.

"Yeah, I know that those guys were terrified of him." I laugh which makes him laugh with a soft smile.

His smile was so contagious.

I subtly got closer to him and slipped my fingers in between his. We both continued smiling and laughing as we walked around the woods.

"Robin!" We both yelled. "Honestly why are we even searching the woods? It's not like Robin was taken by a tree." I sigh. "Hey you never know" he shrugs.

"They should be getting warrants, searching houses! Not fucking woods. They're wasting time by looking in the wrong places!" I groan in frustration. "They're doing the best they can." He says as he swings our arms together.

"I know, but sometimes that just isn't enough" I frown as we continue walking. A droplet of water fell onto my forehead. "Finn, I think we should like go home." I look up at the sky as more droplets of water landed on my face. "You're right let's go." He says, gripping my hand tighter as he leads me out of the woods.

We looked for the other people but they were nowhere to be found so we just left. At this point it was starting to rain a bit hard. We both ran in the pouring rain with our hands still locked together.

We finally got to my front door. "Goodnight Finn." I smile as I stand outside facing him. We were soaking wet from how hard it was pouring. I turned to reach for the door handle. "Wait!" He bursts out making me turn around.

His cold hands cup my face as he presses his lips onto mine, I kissed him back as the rain grew a bit stronger.

"I've been waiting all day to do that." He says as he pulls away. "I was waiting all day for you to do that too" I laugh.

"goodnight Alyssa" he laughs before turning to walk home.

I guess he does like me after all..