Chapter 11

I already set out early the next day

I told Natsu that I would be taking another brisk stroll.

"Take care," she called out after me.
I smiled.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥.

The path was long, abandoned too.
I stopped at a dango shop to have some. Thankfully, I was carrying enough money with me.

I resumed the walk. It was almost evening when I reached my destination. Gamagichi was already waiting for me in the dusky shade of the tree.

"Gamagichi-san!!" I called out.

"Y/N," he responded, "we need to move you out fast. You need to swim, because I could not manage a boat for you."

I groaned. "Fine," I said, slightly saddened by the future sight of ne having soggy clothes on the way home.

I followed Gamagichi to the stream.
"Y/N there's a problem," he said.

"Problem?"
"Yes, Y/N. Douma has come to know about this place, and is coming for a stroll tonight."

                                  ~🦇~

"What?!"
I stopped dead iny tracks.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"
"I came to know just today morning," Gamagichi sweatdropped. "And I had no means to connect with you."

I sighed. "We need to act fast then. How much more to the stream?"

"We are almost here," He announced.

"Look Y/N, there is the stream."

Sure enough, the trickling sound of water could be heard, as a stream came in sight.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘨𝘰𝘥.

"How much time will I need to reach out of Yoshiwara?"

"It depends on your speed, Y/N. However, it will take at least 30 minutes."

"Oh that's fine," I declared.

As I prepared to leap into the stream, a block of ice passed by me, freezing the entire stream.

"What the hell?!!" I yelled.
Gamagichi was startled too.

Several ropes came and grabbed me from behind, pulling me up from the stream.

I twisted my head to see who the demon was.

𝘈𝘺𝘢𝘮𝘦?!!
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘰?!!

Another block of ice pierced through Gamagichi. He started shivering, and fell, hypothermia taking over.

Goosebumps spread across my skin, as I tried to break free from Ayame's hair, which she had turned into ropes.

The iced attack seemed familiar.

I shivered, as the tight ropes were squeezing me tight and cutting my skin. I was bleeding.

I dropped a glance below, to see a tall man with a warfan standing beside her.

His face, which would usually bear a carefree smile, looked serious and serene.

𝘋𝘰𝘶𝘮𝘢?!!

                                    ~❄~

And the author is back!!