Chapter 10

The escape route was really simple

I have to travel to the southern most corner of this district. There is a forest, which looks deep and wild, but isn't. From there, I have to travel like a mile, where I will find a stream to carry me away towards the safer outskirts of the district.

Yes I will have to swim through the entire stream.

"I made the district along side this forest, not knowing about the stream. Later, when I came to explore here, I saw this stream. It isn't very deep, and leads to the outskirts. I don't think anyone knows about this stream."

"Douma?"

"Not even Douma. That place isn't frequently visited, or rather it isn't even visited, so chances of Douma knowing it are less."

"I wanted to get out of here today, but I guess that's not possible, since the distance is great. I will come back tomorrow, is that okay?"

"Absolutely fine with me. I will be waiting for you at the forest," Gamagichi assured.
"However, you should kill him."

"Yes, we will kill Douma, you need not worry about that," I said trying to divert the topic. "What is the time now?"

"The sun has already set."

"Shit! I am sorry Gamagichi, but I will have to leave now," I said hurriedly.

"No problem. I will be seeing you tomorrow."

I left in a rush. I needed to return by midnight.

                                 ~❄~

The clock struck one when I returned.

𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦.

I tiptoed into the mansion.

𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘴𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘵.

No. No one in sight.

I wiped my trickling sweat and went to my room. Damn, I was thinking too much.

But just as I was going to open the door, someone leaped on me and hugged me from behind. I almost fell if he wasn't holding me.

A familiar childish voice said,"Y/N! You are finally back! You know how much I missed you! You should not be out so late, except without me."

Beind tired and irritated I punched Douma on the head.
He fell down.

𝘖𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘴𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

But he looked funny.
He was sitting hunched on his knees rubbing his "probably bruised" head. He reminded me of the time Tanjiro and Kanao were punished by Shinobu for touching her medicines in the infirmary.

I giggled

I giggled.

𝘊𝘶𝘵𝘦.

Wait did I just say cute?!! No he isn't cute, he looks funny, that's it.

𝘠𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

"Don't you know manners Douma? What kind of behavior is this? Is this how you treat a tired person?" I scolded.

"I am sorry," he said.

𝘐𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨?

Douma looked back at me, with puffed cheeks. "I like pain, but don't hit me so hard, Y/N-chan," he said in a sweet voice.

I could feel my cheeks heat up.
"Get out of here," I said and slammed the door behind.

"After a few moments, he was talking outside the door with me, " Y/N please be careful outside. O don't want the customers to have you. Have a good night!" He laughed and probably went away, since I heard his footsteps receding.

I clutched a blanket close towards me, as my cheeks became hot red.

𝘕𝘰, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯.

______________________________________

Damn, why have I written it so cringe?
Besides, we are so close to 1k reads!
Can we reach a 100 votes and 1k reads together??

[Ik this isn't possible, but still..]