Chapter 3 ♪ Smouldering Ploy

"Hmm, I wonder what's keeping Elysia up?" the fairy wonders. "She doesn't seem like the type to be late.."

The traveller had arrived at the front of the temple with Lisa for a while, waiting for the arrival of the blue-eyed elf.

The librarian simply chuckled, "Well, I paired her with Kaeya for various reasons, though I hope he learns to share her with me." she snapped her fingers as her book disappeared. "Speaking of Elysia, are you two getting on well?"

"We've merely known each other for two days, so we're still in the process of getting to know each other." Aether responds.

"I see." the brunette smiles before catching a glimpse of a familiar pink-haired elf walking towards them.

"Oh, there you are!" Paimon called out.

The girl giggled and waved, "Sorry for keeping you waiting, Kaeya sure has a lot to say."

"Well, the Cavalry Captain does have his way around pretty girls~" Lisa grinned and raised her eyebrows at her. "Anyways, now that you're here, let's get into business. Traveller, would you do the honours?"

The blonde male walked up to the large stone door, placing his hand over the centre as the light spread in a pattern before the door flew open.

The group venture inside the temple and similarly to the other domains, traps and hilichurl camps can be found constructed deep inside it. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary, still, the elf kept an eye out for any Abyss Mages lurking on the other side of the walls. But to her dismay, the group manage to find the door to the final room without any major hinges.

"There it is, the switch to the door." Lisa smiled as she pointed to the cubical switch. "We just need to get past the slimes and Mitachurls to get there."

Aether nodded as he and the librarian plunged down to the ground, the blonde using his anemo abilities to gather the enemies as Lisa paralyse them before Elysia drew her bow, Aether throwing the enemies in the air as the arrow struck them right in their weak spot before exploding on them, their bodies drop dead on the ground.

The traveller gave a quick salute to the elf, she wink at him in return before hopping down to the ground next to him as the ascend to the final room. As soon as the door opened, the blonde swung his sword and the stone crumbled to the ground. It was done.

"Dragon of the East, Lion of the South, Wolf of the North, Falcon of the west.." Lisa listed. "The Dragon of the East, Stormterror - Its real name is Dvalin. Though Mondstadt seem to have forgotten that in all this 'Stormterror' business."

Elysia sighed, "It's the equivalent to being the centre of everyone's attention, no matter how much good you've done and accomplished, the moment you do something wrong, whether intentionally or not, it's easy for people to turn their backs on you."

"So now you know why Dvalin is only able to channel three of the Four Winds' power. Because it has been consuming itself from the beginning." the librarian crosses her arm.

"Hm, but why did it go to such lengths?" Aether inquired.

"Because of hatred, I presume." Lisa asserted, even herself finds it difficult to think of other reasons of why one of the Four Winds of Mondstadt would turn its back on them.

"Hatred..?" Paimon inclined, still slightly confused.

"Hatred for Mondstadt." she told her. "Hatred drove it to become something more powerful than the wind itself.. to become Stormterror."

"But why would one of The Four Winds.. Hate the city it was supposed to protect?"

Lisa simply shrugged, trying to carefully stitch her words together, "As a child of Mondstadt, it's something that's really hard to say aloud." She then handed the traveller a book. "Here, take this. It's a very old story from more than a century ago.