ONE

"Good morning, stranger," I was met with a warm smile as I applied small amounts of makeup.

"Good morning, you dumbass," I chuckled.

"Any new shit with your parents? Thought we woulda gotten somethin' since... y'know..." Drew knew I hated talking about what happened last year. Nothing has scared me more than Amityville. They thought it was a hoax, and honestly, at first I did too. That changed. Fast.

~°•~°•

"Mom!? Where are you!?" I yelled, walking throughout the bottom floor of the house. Instead of any response, there were footsteps behind me. They were running away. I whipped around fast enough to see a small boy turn the corner that leads into the basement. I followed him. I had to follow him. He wasn't there when I did get down there. No one was.

"Hello?" I called out. "Mom?" I repeated. Nothing. No answer. Nothing but silence until I saw it. Whatever it was. It was standing in a mirror, just its reflection. It was looking right at me.

It was a nun, but its face was white. Its eyes were black and sunken in. "What are you? Who are you?" I called out. Nothing. "Can you fucking hear me!?" I screamed again. Still nothing. Then it was gone. Not for good though. Whatever it was had me on the ground just seconds later. I couldn't see it, but I couldn't breathe either. My vision clouded up, but then I saw something. Not the... thing... it was Drew. Drew was trying to kill me. Or so it seemed.

"What the hell was that, Lizzie?" I was on the ground, in the corner as tears rolled down my face. Everyone at the table looked at me as if I were insane. Everyone but my parents, Rose and Drew.

"Hey, hey, hey, everythings okay. You're safe. You're okay now," Drew pulled me into a hug and I melted into his grip.

I'm okay... I think...

~°•~°•

"Hello? Wife!? Where did your brain go?" Drew waved his hands in front of my face as I just stood there, not reacting to anything. Finally, I snapped back into reality.

"Shit, sorry. Did you say something?" I asked.

"Hey, Liz... C'mere. I didn't mean too... trigger anything," Drew hugged me, lightly kissing my forehead.

"Please don't ever let me do it alone. Do this alone," I said.

"I won't. Ever. Next time you get called to a case, I'm coming with you no matter what, okay?" Drew said, wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

"Okay," I sniffed before Drew kissed me. I finished my makeup, but as I was finishing up the phone rang in the kitchen.

"I got it," Drew un-wrapped his arms from my waist and left. A few minutes later, I was called into the kitchen.

"You want us to go to London?" I asked.

"It's only for three days. Rose already agreed. We need you in on this, Lizzie," Mom said.

"I'm not going if Drew doesn't," I said.

"Fine, Drew can come with us," Mom said.

"I'll start packing now," I said. I hung up the phone and turned to Drew.

"So?" Drew asked.

"We're going to London," I smiled.

~°•~°•

A/n: Chapters won't be this short! I'm just tired lol, expect the next chapter in the next few days! Thanks to everyone who came from the first book, and hello to everyone who hasn't read the first one! I would recommend it, but it's not necessary!