FIVE

"Guys look at this!" We were all outside after finding Janet in an electrical box in the kitchen. Anita was standing behind a camera facing the kitchen window. She showed us footage of what seemed to be Janet breaking plates, bending silverware and turning the kitchen upside down.

"I knew it..." I said under my breath.

"But... why?" Rose asked.

"I wonder if Peggy was in on this. She was the only one who's actually seen any of this," Drew said.

"We can't accuse anyone of anything right now, right? Why don't we go confront them, ask a few questions," Maurice said.

"He's right. We shouldn't accuse anyone of anything. Let's go ask a few questions and go from there," Dad said. We went back inside and showed Peggy the footage as Janet cried on the couch.

"Did you know, Peggy?" I asked.

"Don't fucking accuse my daughter of shit, you bitch! You got bit too! All three of us did!" Peggy screamed, slightly catching me off guard.

"Don't yell at her like that!" Drew raised his voice.

"Guys, calm down. Theres no need to yell, we just want to know," Mom said.

"Get out," Peggy ordered.

"Wait, what?" Rose asked.

"I said get out! Leave! All of you! You don't believe us!" Peggy yelled.

"Listen-" Peggy cut Maurice off.

"Pack your things and get the hell out of my house!" Peggy yelled. We did as told. We packed our things and got Taxi's to the train station.

"Did you find anything?" Our taxi driver asked.

"They faked it. We caught them in the act," Rose said.

"That must've been rough. At least the haunting has been debunked," The taxi driver spoke.

"Yeah, that's true," Drew said. As we pulled up to the train station, the taxi driver let us out, grabbed our bags and handed them to us, and we met up with my parents.

"This doesn't feel right," Mom said, sitting down on the train seats.

"It really doesn't," I responded for the first time since we left the Hodgsons over an hour ago. Dad was putting the tapes and tape recorders up when he dropped them, and something clicked in his head.

"Thread these through, I think we missed something," Dad said.

"Okay?" Drew said as he and Rose began to thread the tapes through their respective recorders. When they were done, dad played one, the the other, then both at the same time. The first tape was from the first day at the Hodgsons and the second was from today, when we found Janet in the kitchen. When they were played together they made out the sentence "Help me. It won't let me go." As if on cue, I saw something. Something happening back at the Hodgsons.

"If I didn't do it, they were gonna hurt me. They would hurt all of us. I had too," Janet sniffed.

"Who's they?" Margaret asked.

"The nun I keep seeing," Janet responded. Behind the Hodgson kids was an older man, sitting in the chair in the corner of the room.

"You knew your name before you were alive," was all the old man said. Behind the old man I saw a familiar face. The nun. The nun has Janet. The nun's just using Bill Wilkins as a disguise.

"Liz? Liz, what did you see? What's wrong?" Drew had one hand on my cheek and one hand holding a tissue up to my now bloody nose.

"The nun... The nun from Amityville is using Bill Wilkins as a disguise. We need to go back! We need to go back!"