TWO

"We need to show you this," Dad spoke as I stepped into my parents kitchen, Rose trailing behind me. Mom, dad and a priest sat around the kitchen table. A tape recorder sat in the middle of the table, and there were two empty seats on either side of the table.

"Oh boy," I sighed, smoothing my skirt as I sat down. The priest pressed play on the recorder, and there was a man's voice. He sounded older, and had a British accent. He sounded scared.

"What's so special about this?" Rose asked.

"That's an eleven year old girl," The priest spoke.

"So, this is why we're going to London?" I asked.

"Yeah, this is why," Dad said.

~°•~°•

"Why did you want Drew to come with us so badly? We may not need him with us on this trip," Mom asked. I could tell she had waited to get me alone.

"Because I need him with us on this trip. Mom, I'm scared that somethings gonna happen to me and he won't be there. What if... what if I'm our next investigation. What if I end up posessed or something, and he isn't there," I said.

"That's exactly how I felt when I married your father. I was scared to death something would happen to me and he wouldn't be there to help, but he always was. Drew always will be," Mom grabbed my hand, reassuringly. "No what ifs. Now let's get on that plane, go to London, and save this family."

"Let's do it," I smiled.

~°•~°•

"Holy shit! We should come to the UK more," Rose laughed, staring out the taxi window.

"Yeah, this place is pretty," I smiled.

"Pretty? Just pretty? Drew you broke my best friend!" Rose groaned.

"I have that effect on people," Drew chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into a sort-of sidehug.

"We're here!" The driver spoke, stopping the car as Mom and Dads taxi pulled into the driveway.

"This is it?" Rose asked. A woman with brown hair pulled into a bun and a warm smile stood on the porch with 2 men, both with brown-ish gray hair. We climbed out of the taxi, grabbed our luggage, and watched as both Taxis sped off.

"Hello, there! I'm Peggy," The woman smiled.

"Ed. This is my wife Lorraine, daughter Lizzie, niece Rose and son-in-law Drew," Dad introduced us.

"Maurice Grosse," One of the men introduced himself.

"Ha, his last name is Grosse," Drew giggled into my ear.

"Be serious you idiot," I smacked his chest.

"Come in! It's just me and Janet here. The rest are at the neighbors," Peggy said.

"I guess I'll be getting back to my own home. I'll see you later, and it was nice to meet you!" The man smiled before walking off. We walked inside the house, and my eyes landed on a worn out leather chair in the corner of the living room.