SIX

"What does it mean? I can't tell what it means!" I sighed.

"Maybe it means we need to know the nun's name before we can have control over it," Drew suggested. We pulled up to the Hodgsons to find everyone but Janet locked outside the house. Lightening struck the tree in the front yard, breaking the tree and creating a sharp point.

"Liz, stay here. I'll help Ed get inside," Drew said.

"No, you aren't going in without me!" I yelled.

"Baby, I love you. You know I do. I don't want to see you get hurt again on this trip. Me over you any goddamn day," Drew pressed a kiss to my lips before walking away.

"Drew! Stop!" I cried out as Rose grabbed my wrist.

"We need to find out this demon things name. We've done this before," Rose was obviously trying to distract me. After a few minutes of searching, the all too familiar sound of breaking glass rang out into the rain, and sent all of us turning our heads. Janet tried to jump from the broken window and onto the broken tree trunk. Dad was holding up Janet, and hanging from the window by a curtain and Drew was nowhere to be found.

"Dad! Hurry!" I screamed as mom grabbed her bible from the trunk of the car we have driven from the train station. VALAK had been ripped into the pages of the bible.

"We need to go inside! Now!" Mom called. I was able to break the kitchen window and that was our entrance. We ran upstairs, and there was Drew lying unconscious at the end of the hall.

"Drew!" I shouted.

"Ed! Ed, hang on!" Mom called out. As we ran into Janet and Margarets old bedroom, the nun stood in the corner of the room. Mom tried to call out to the... whatever it is and it sent us flying into the back wall. I hit my head and it sent a pain throughout my entire body.

"Valak! I condemn you back to hell!" Mom screamed out. Everything stopped, and we were all sent crashing to the ground. Rose crawled over to me, mom helped Dad and Janet, and the bedroom door swung open to reveal a now fully conscious Drew who checked on Dad and Janet, and then me.

"Are you two okay?" Drew asked.

"There's something wrong with Lizzie! Help her!" Rose cried out. An ambulance was called, and I was taken to the hospital.

~°•~°•

A/N: Kind of a weird cut off, but this isn't the last chapter. I have some stuff to do, so I had to make this shorter, but I'll be back with the next chapter later today.