Rush

The stinging of his tongue managed to take a role as just another voice in the harmony of life that sung its discordant song in his ears and race through his very veins themselves as if his blood itself was singing the praises of his existence into the world around him. The fact that this singing was a direct result of him biting his tongue was unimportant to Edward Hyde, the sensations far more exciting than the fact ever would prove to be. Fact was simply that, fact, and he had more than enough of those for a lifetime. No, sensations were far sweeter, an inexhaustible pool of all that life had to offer, and it was precisely what the repulsively sterile nature of his other existence had denied for so long it was necessary for him to embrace them with open arms now before they were lost forever. 

"Again." the odd blond creature rasped, a breathiness behind the single word managing to sway the circumstances in his favour by simply appearing off-putting. 

"What?" was the reply from the man that had punched the shorter fellow rather squarely in the jaw. Unlike Hyde, he had managed to remain more in his senses and less lost to the bottle and so had enough wherewithal to find this a suspicious.

"Do it again," baited the absinthe-eyed man, almost pleading in the least dignified way, "Or would you have me on my knees to beg?" He did not bother with the subtly that he could have with this, making it all too clear that he had other things in mind that one could do upon his knees as well. 

Unfortunately, the man well and truly fell for the bait. No sooner had he attempted to swing, however, the notably more witted than he let on Edward Hyde caught his wrist, and with none of those pesky inhibitions that most would have, rather unceremoniously snapped the bone as he sent the fellow to the ground. Even just as it stood, this was a rather unjust punishment considering it was actually Hyde who had picked the fight even if he wasn't the one to land the first blow. 

Perhaps it was the nature of a blow to the head which sent his thoughts aspin, or perhaps it was the erratic nature of his very existence that was the cause, but the sparks of adrenaline that this brought sparked a fire that quickly burnt away at his sense and left him to delight in his senses.  Much like a fire, this brought with it a burst of destruction that he had no real sense of beyond the fact that it felt absolutely and entirely incredible. Of those vices he so readily delighted in, none quite brought with it the rush of something  so wonderfully primal that it both stilled his mind and set it racing with such a force as this did. 

When the haze did begin to fade, he was met with the look of the stranger trying his hardest to escape the onslaught, broken and bleeding in a way that seemed, frankly, excessive. Hyde did nothing to prevent this escape, resting upon his knees, gaze turned to the smog stained sky above, his breath coming ragged and fast, a look of a madman's ecstasy twisting his already unpleasant features into something more. Something far more genuinely human than anyone else would allow themselves to be.

Now, if he were to make a habit of this, he thought as the ability to think at all returned, he would need to see what he could bring with him to chase the same feeling he was experiencing there and then.