Woe, torment even

"You're all being positively, utterly horrible to me, and that is just wicked, and wretched, and cruel and terrible!" came the utterly and excessively shrill whining of one Edward Hyde, who was rather busy in the act of burying his face in a pillow. Despite what one might think, the pillow was doing precisely nothing to muffle the actual volume of this exclamation, but it did do a valiant effort in the area of making it difficult to annunciate the more typically tricky syllables properly. If he was not busy with his melodrama, he would have taken a moment to appreciate the general affect that this had brought with it.

"Oh, hush now," was the impressively soothing voice of Rachel Pidgley, all the more impressive considering she was very much contemplating smacking the man around the head, which was not something she would actually act on but the impulse was still very much there, "Nobody is doing anything more than what you brought on yourself." This was as far as she could bring herself to go when it came to offering actual reassurance, and to be completely honest this was a great deal more than he actually deserved, so even this alone was rather an impressive feat.

"You're being mean to me too!" the blond man wailed, raising his head from the couch's pillow to give his present companions the most woeful, teary look that he could possibly manage. He really did look like an utterly tragic figure at the moment. "You're mad and hate me now!"

"Nobody hates you, sir," the third and final figure in the room, Jasper Kaylock, stated, the werewolf feeling a little put off as he was nowhere near as accustomed to Hyde's antics as Rachel was, "I'm sure it wasn't your fault they followed you back here."

Considering Hyde had managed to attract an unwanted swarm of police officers to chase after him after he was undertaking what he would have, personally, considered little more than the most petty of grievances, a swarm that was far too stubborn to let him sneak away, this was a very kind remark from the young werewolf. This kindly opinion was certainly not shared by Robert Lanyon, who had gotten himself caught in the duty of trying to talk down the officers before they tried to haul away any one of the Lodgers over some charge they could have quite easily just have made up on the spot. While Hyde was off sobbing over being made to experience the repercussions of his own actions, Lanyon was busy cursing his luck that, of all the evenings that Jekyll found himself away, it had to be the one night that he would find himself needing to deescalate a situation. It was always so much easier for Henry, he was far more willing to demean himself if he happened to think it would defuse a situation as innocuously as he could in a way that seemed either mutually beneficial or even leaving himself worse off, the manipulation delightfully and alarmingly subtle. 

"Of course it wasn't," he huffed, his face reacquainting itself with the pillow, "They're obsessed with me. Utterly. I mean, really, they should get a hobby or something, its just embarrassing at this point. I hope they're embarrassed about being here, just absolutely and completely mortified by it all."

"I'm sure it'll leave them with a story to tell after they skulk off back with their tails between their legs," the chef and day-manager agreed, trying to pacify the lamentations before they escalated to something louder than they could justify being, hardly wanting to inform the very people they were trying to keep the man hidden from, "They probably all have a story about getting just this close to catching you before you managed to get away." She brought her fingers close enough to almost, but not quite touch. It was an attempt at stroking the man's bruised ego, certainly, but it did come from a place of sincerity. 

"Of course they do, I'm the one who got away, but without all those icky romantic connotations, I do have standards after all," came the slightly less despondent reply from the lamentful man, "One managed to nick off with a coat I rather liked though, that was rude of them."

"Not the one I had to keep patching up because you kept getting it caught on things?" a slightly scandalised Rachel gasped, "I was wondering why I hadn't seen you in it for a while. I thought you had grown bored of it."

"I don't think the police should have any right taking off with other people's clothes," there werewolf ventured, trying very hard to determine if he was saying the right things, not wanting to set him off in another flurry of hysterics. Although this was met with an amused sounding snort, he did still add, "If you don't mind my saying, Mr. Hyde, sir?"

Edward let out an exaggerated groan, lifting his head up from where he had deposited it, resting his chin upon his palm as he regarded the cryptobiologist. There was something in his stance that seemed far too close to hedonistic luxury for a man who was still very messy with his own tears. 

"You don't have to be so terribly formal around me, you know?" remarked the little blond creature, sticking his tongue out in a show of displeasure at the mere notion of formality. "I'd much prefer you just call me my name, anything else just feels weird and fake and showy." 
It seemed that, at least for that moment, he had forgotten his far more pressing woes in favour of being just a little annoying.

"Oh, okay Mr. Hyde," Jasper said, but at a scoff from the other man, he corrected himself with, "Edward."

Both Hyde and Rachel seemed inclined to comment upon how unnatural the name had sounded coming from the werewolf, as if he had never thought to refer to anyone ever at a first-name basis. Fortunately for him, however, there was not a chance to make this remark before a knock on the door came to interrupt them. This brought with it several sharp intakes of breath from all parties. 
But fortunately it was just Lanyon who poked his head around the door when it was opened.

"They need you both to claim you haven't seen Mr. Hyde at all this evening," said he as greeting, letting this come on a rather heavy series of sighs, and an additional sigh when Hyde tossed him a conspiratorial little wink, "I'm not doing this for you." he deadpanned in addition.

And with this completed, Hyde was left alone in the office, and proceeded to promptly return his face to the pillow, more out of boredom than anything in the way of sobbings.