The Gobblers {Chapter Three}

Walking On The Roof Of Jordan College Alongside Roger And Our Dæmon's, Pretending To Practice funambulism. Even Though We Aren't Allowed To Be On The Roofs At All Or Anywhere Close To Being Able To Climb Onto The Roofs Itself but when They Have Such Fun Trees How Can They Expect Us Not To Use The Trees And Our Own Climbing Skills To Our Advantage We Are Only Kids After All, It's What We Do.

"Uncle Asriel Promised He'd Take Me And You To The North Next Time He Goes. He Swore It."

"Cause He Needs Our Help, See."

"What For?" Roger Asked While Looking Down At His Feet As He's Not Wanting To Slip.

"Fightin' Probably."

"Or Spying."

"He Uses Us As Spies Sometimes."

"Like Now, For Instance."

"We Are Supposed To Be Keeping An Eye On Them Gobblers"

I slowly raised my body low to the roof so I can Sit Down While Pan And Salcilia Chased Each Other Around As Two Butterflies Just Above Us.

"Cause They Took Them Gyptian Kids Up Banbury Way."

"Billy Costa Told Me."

Roger crawled Along the edge of the roof to sit beside me.

"I Heard Them Gobblers Take You Down To Hell." Roger vocalized

"Course They Don't."

"You're Afraid Of Them, Ain't You?"

"No, I Ain't." Roger Answered, Staring.

"But The Adults Are, Because Kids Keep disappearin'" Roger Looked At The Floor While Eating A Chocolate That I Gave Him (Which I Stole From The Kitchens)

"They Go After The Poor Kids, See." Roger Said

"The Orphans.." Roger Muttered As His Face Slowly Dropped.

I shifted closer to Roger, Wrapping My Arm Around Him And Pan and Salcilia stopped playing and put on a more mature and serious face before cuddling at our legs.

"Roger, I promise.."

"If you was taken by the gobblers.."

"I'd Come And Rescue You."

"You'd Come Get Me Too, Wouldn't You?"

"Course. But Everybody Would Go Looking For You If You Was Gobbled." Roger Explained

"You're A Lady." He Said.

"Says Who!?"

"Cook. He Says That's Why Uncle Left Us here, To Make You A Lady and To Make Me A Man." He Smiled In A Playful But Serious Way.

"Nobody Can Make Me A Lady."

"Not Master And Scholars And Porters Combined, Right?"

"Take It Back, Or We Ain't Brother And Sister No More!"

"Alright. Alright. You Ain't A Lady." Roger grinned

I grabbed Roger by the wrist and began to slide down the edge of the roof, To Reach A Tree Close By.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Went Back To Jordan To Get Some Tutoring Of Charles, I Don't Like Their Subjects I Think It's Boring But Uncle Asriel Said Me And Roger Need Our Education But I Say It's Stupid. I Always Go To Port Meadow To Play But On Special Days On The Second Week Of July The Gyptians Have Their Horse Fair, Me And Roger Go There Every Year And We Are Always Welcome, We Go There With Uncle Asriel A Lot! He Always Tries To Come Down Every July To Celebrate His Friendship With The Gyptians And Our Family Have Always Been Welcomed By The Gyptians Ever Since Uncle Asriel Saved Those Two Gyptian Kids. A Few Gyptian Children Were Sat Under A Tree, Talking.

"Lyra!" Nellie Koopman Shouted And Waved Over To Me

Nellie Koopman Was One Of The Kids Uncle Asriel Saved In 1984, He Also Saved Her Brother. I Ran Over To Nellie And Sat Down With Her Group.

"Lyra! These Are My Friends, Charlie Heartqzans, Olavei Texaquel and Lillieava Costa" Nellie Smiled As She Introduced Her Friends

"Everyone This Is Lyra Belacqua!" Nellie Continued As She Introduced Me And I Waved

"I Heard Of Her! She Have Twin Called Roger, She Be Blood Of Lord Asriel!" Lillieava Smiled As She was cuddling A Rabbit Plushie

"Yep! That's Me!"

"May I Ask How Old Are You All?"

"I'm Sixteen, Charlie Is Ten, Olavei Is Eight And Lillieava is Five" Nellie answered

"And You, Belacqua Girl?" Charlie Looked Up

"Twelve."

Lillieava Giggled.

"She Older Then You Charlie, You No Longer Be Big And Tough!" Lillieava said, still giggling.

Lillieava is an incredibly sweet girl, She is related to The Costa's Through Being Ma Costa's Niece And The Cousin Of Billy And Tony, She's Much More Friendlier And Collected Than Billy And More Reserved At Times Than Tony, She Lives With Her Aunt And Cousins On The Costa's Boat Since Nobody Is Sure About What Happened To Her Parents And Which One Is Actually Related To Ma Costa. Lillieava is a Beautiful Young Child Though, She's A Cloudy Blue Eyed Girl With Short Curly Blonde Hair, She Also Carries Around A Bunny Plushie Wherever She Goes.

"What's Your dæmon Called Lillieava?"

"His Name Is Brodie and My Bunny His Called Mr Hoppie Hop!" Lillieava Smiled

"Those Are Beautiful Names!"

"Anyways Let's Get Back To Our Conversation" Charlie Heartqzans Said

"I Witnessed The Gobblers Yesterday!" Charlie Heartqzans Grinned

"Charlie You Need To Stop With That" Nellie Explained.

"The Gobblers Were Talking To a Lady While a Man Took Her Child Away From The Garden. They Left In a White Truck" Charlie Heartqzans Grinned While Looking Down At Lillieava, who was cuddling Mr Hoppie Hop closer to herself.

"Apparently The Gobblers Slice You In Half And Eat The Left Side Of Your Body Then Feed The Right Side To The Devil!" Olavei Texaquel Smirked, Lillieava Began To Sob.

"Guys I Swear!" Nellie's Tone Changed More Harshly

"THEY EAT YOU ALIVE AND SLICE YOU AND YOUR DAEMON IN HALF AND THEN SEND HALF TO YOUR WEEPING FAMILY" Charlie and Olavei Both Screamed Out, Right Into Lillieava's ear.

Lillieava began to cry horribly and Brodie also sobbing, Tony Costa ran over and picked Lillieava Up before taking her away to The Costa Family Boat Before Nellie Could Apologise. I Waved Goodbye To Nellie And Ran Back To Jordan.