6: A mother's wish.

Many sayings of the holy prophet SAW urge Muslims to treat their parent well.
  The first students of the most gracious prophet SAW were his Noble companions. They were practical example of his teachings and will remain role models for believers until the end of time.
    It was well known among the holy companions that Osama bin Zaid (RA) was a favorite of the prophet SAW. When they were reluctant to ask the holy prophet SAW directly about a matter ,they often went to Osama bin Zaid (RA) to represent them. The holy prophet also said about him;
{إن أسا مة بن زيد لأحب الناس الى أو من أحب الناس الي وأنا أرجو أن يكون من صالحيكم فاستوصوا به خيرا.}
"Osama bin Zaid is amongst the people most beloved to me, l hope he will be amongst the righteous, therefore you should do good to him."
    The holy companions also loved Osama bin Zaid (RA), very much.
   Saiyyidina umm-e-Aiman was the mother of Osama (RA) she had nurse the holy prophet SAW. Saiyyidina Osama (RA) treated his mother with great love and obeyed her  very every wish. He had a garden in madinah munawwarah, with alot of date palms. According to a historical account, there were about one thousand palm trees in that garden. One day his mother wanted to eat jummar ( the Arabic name for the pith of the palm). The pith can be extracted from the tree if it is cut from the roots.
  To fulfil his mother's wish Osama bin Zaid (RA), cut down a palm tree loaded with fruit, extracted the pith from it and presented it to his mother.
    Many people then wanted to know why such a healthy and fruit-bearing tree was so ruthless cut down to extracted it's pith.
   Hearing these remarks , saiyyidina Osama (RA),said;
{ليس شيء من الدنيا تطلبه أمن أقدر عليه إلا فعلته.}
"I will go out, carry out my mother's wish for anything if I have the ability and means to achieve it.