House of Discovery p6/House of Hyper p1

"I wondered where you were." Amber said as she opened the door to her future bedroom. "You missed the cake."

"Oh yeah." Nina frowned. "Sorry. Um, was it good?"

"Is that a jewellery box?" The blonde asks, catching sight of the very colourful box on her lap.

"Um, sort of." Nina replied, gripping into the box tighter, anxiously.

"Oh I love jewellery!" Amber beamed, taking a seat beside Nina on her bed. "Can I see?"

"No," Nina said hurriedly, tucking the box under her bed, feeling a tad guilty for the way she responded, "no, erm... you wouldn't like it. It's nothing expensive or sparkly. Really."

Amber frowned slightly, being shrugged off like that. "I hope you're going to be a bit friendlier when we become roomies."

Nina tilted her head, confused. "What?"

"I'm swapping rooms with Patricia." Amber answered before getting excited. "You, Victoria and I will be sharing from now on!"

"Really? That's great!" Nina smiled momentarily then frowned slightly. "Wait, was this Patricia's idea?

"No, mine." Amber answered, growing quiet, thinking about what had happened in the kitchen. "I had a fight with Mara."

Assuming it had something to do with Mick, and not wanting to see her so sad, Nina hooked her arm with Amber's, bringing them both to their feet. "So, about that chocolate cake... Any leftovers?"

Amber smiled brightly. "Trudy's cake is to die for." She says, the two now leaving the bedroom side by side. "Oh, and you wouldn't believe what's been going on between Jerome and Victoria!"

"Oh? Do tell."

"Well you see—"

~~~

"You got a little something," Jerome points out as we pigged out on all of Trudy's baked sweets, jamming out to the music, taking control of the radio.

My cupcake still in hand, hardly finished. I was almost convinced there was more icing than there was cupcake; but that might just be the best part.

I licked my lips before staring up at him, asking him with my eyes if I had gotten it. He just shook his head with a low chuckle, "May I?"

I made a gesture with my hand, telling him to go for it. However I hadn't expected him to swoop in, a hand on the small of my back, bringing me closer. His lips falling against mine.

I... might feel butterflies in my stomach, and not that there's anything wrong with Jerome, but I wasn't sure I was ready to be ok with letting myself feel that way. I have baggage. He doesn't need all of that.

"Got it." He said with a smirk as he leaned back, licking the icing that had been transferred to his lips from mine. "It's very sweet. Though I don't know if that's you or the icing."

I give him a shove in order to distract him from the fact that I felt my face going hot. There's no way. He's just my friend who I've grown a little too comfortable with, that's all. And everyone is just putting thoughts into my head. That's it.

I turn to the sound of soft squealing, seeing Nina and Amber looking back at Jerome and I excitedly. Nina's face becoming smug, which I respond with the bird and a playful glare. She dramatically gasps, placing a hand on her chest, faking offence, and we laugh.