Chapter Two

June 29, 2013
Eastern Europe
Piers sat in one of the bars, looking over the steak had had been given. He peered over at Chris, who was distracted ordering himself another drink. The bartender turns and walked away to grab another bottle of liquor. Piers cut off some of the steak. He nodded to himself with a small smile, turning to Chris.

"Hard to find a good steak around here." Chris turned to look at him. "Not like back home." He added. Chris decided not to speak and to ignore him as the woman approached. She filled his cup halfway and the male got upset.

"Fill her up." He nodded towards his glass.

"You've had enough." She replied, her accent thick. She sets the bottle on the counter and looks directly at him.

Chris sighs, "Listen sweetheart," He began as he pried the bottle from her hands. "You're here to pour drinks and look pretty, so how about you shut your mouth?" With that he started to fill his glass.

She took the glass as he poured and splashed it into his face. "How about you get the hell out of my bar?" She snapped. Piers watched Chris, disappointment on his features as he sighed.

Chris picked up the bottle and started to walk away from her. "Nowhere to go." He started walking elsewhere in the bar. Piers kept his eye on him cautiously to make sure he didn't cause any trouble.

A man approached Chris, speaking in the native language. Which translated to, "The lady asked you to leave." He stopped Chris and poked him in the chest. Chris watched him for a moment before shoulder checking him to walk away. "I said she asked you to leave." The man spoke in fluent English. He had grabbed Chris' shoulder and the Redfield spun around and slammed him onto the table beside them. He flipped the bottle around with the intent of smashing it into the man's head when his wrist was caught midair. Chris turned his head to see Piers.

He shook his head, "Never thought I'd fine Chris Redfield wasting away in a shithole like this." Chris ripped his arm away from the male and he stumbled backwards a little.

He leaned slightly against the table as the other man recovered himself. "Who the bell are you?" Chris asked, looking down slightly. He turned and sat himself down at the table.

Piers pulled up a seat and sat across from him. "Piers... Piers Nivans."

Chris shook his head. "Never heard o'ya."

Piers leaned forward and pulled a device from his pocket. "How 'bout this?" He scrolled onto his phone before turning it to the brunette. "You heard of this?" Chris saw the picture and became confused.

"What is that?"

"You really don't remember anything, do you? Bioterrorism." Chris began getting flashbacks that he couldn't quite place as he held his head.

"Bio..." Another flashback.

Piers watched him. "You can't hide from your past Chris, no matter where you go or what you do."

Chris began to shake his head and looks at Piers more confused. "Who are you? What is this?!"

"OK..." Piers began, sitting back. "You don't remember me?" He starts doing things on the device again. "Well how about them?" He asked, showing Chris the phone with names of his previous squad. "Look!" Chris refused to look and Piers stood up slightly, slamming his hand on the table. "I said look!" The device shows them with DECEASED above their heads and the day. "Those were your men! Men who died under your command! You owe it to them to remember, Chris. If you walk away now then this was all for nothing!"

The flashing faces and Piers pushing the phone closer to Chris' face made more flashes appear in his head. He hits Piers' arm away with an angry. "Enough!" He panted in pain and clutched his head. Piers sat down and sighed to himself.