𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚜

𝗰𝘄
𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲 | 𝗹𝗲𝘂𝗸𝗮𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗮

(𝘩𝘪𝘪𝘪𝘪)

AANG

"Nᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ғʀᴇᴀᴋ out and go back into cardiac arrest, but how the hell are me and Sokka supposed to afford this cancer treatment?"

I sat down on the couch in the chilling room with a sigh. We're in the girls' dormitory right now, in the second floor lounge area. She was currently freaking out about how she's supposed to pay the treatment tuition. I'm freaking out about it, too, but I don't tell her that. For now, I'm her rock, she needs someone that's not freaking the hell out about her having cancer.

Yes, I'm the one person freaking out the most about it. But I don't tell her that. Because she needs a break. She's confused why I'm not going insane and I'm not telling her that I am. She needs one person and it's gonna be me.

"You fucking asshole! You left me to carry your shit in from the car!" Jett seethed, dropping two small suitcases (no taller than his knee), one yellow and one blue, down on the floor. Katara winced as she pressed a hand to her head, lying down on a couch.

I walked over to her, eyeing Jett with annoyance. "That's enough, I understand you hate me. You've been cursing me out since I called you and told you she has cancer." He raised his eyebrow, "I was talking to Katara, but I'm still pissed about that. I'm her boyfriend, I should've known earlier."

"You can insult me, but I cross the line at her. She's a woman, nevertheless your girlfriend. Treat her with some fucking respect," I spat. I don't understand why she's dating someone who treats her like absolute bullshit. It was a stupid eighth grade dare, she had a crush on him, they played seven minutes in heaven, and then they dated. He treats her like she's a toy Appa chewed up, swallowed, and then shit out.

"Chill, Aang. It's fine, it's a normal thing between us," she whispered. I could tell she was scared of him, but I shut up quick, knowing she'd lecture me about it later if I didn't. I eyed him up and down as he slid my rolling suitcase to me, it hitting me in the knee. Katara's came after it, hitting mine, hitting my knee again.

The rest were coming in the elevator with Sokka and Timber.

"Fuck you," I seethed.

"Fuck you," he spat.

"Guys, shut the fuck up, can someone get me my iron pills? I forgot to take them this morning." I opened the bag in my hand and pulled them out, catching the bottle of water Jett threw my way. I handed it to her, along with a pill that she swallowed in the next second.

"Here's a painkiller," Jett sighed, throwing the bottle at me. "Do you need one?" I asked her. She shook her head, her hand landing on her right arm. "My leg hurts a little but I'm fine. I don't wanna get addicted to those pills."

"Like your mom did?"

"What the fuck, Jett?" Katara uttered, her voice quiet. I was ready to throw hands but she's holding me back with her arm. "That's low." He shrugged and opened a mini fridge next to us, grabbing a can of soda. I had anger etched into my eyes, my hand grabbing my pocket knife from my jeans. Katara rolled her eyes and slapped me, causing me to drop the knife on my leg.

I groaned and bent down to pick up the knife - that was closed, so I didn't end up cutting myself. Jett opened the glass soda bottle with a bottle opener that was hanging on the mini fridge, and took a swig.