Harsh World.....?

Third person p.o.v.

"Are you in position?" A masculine voice from what seemed like a walkie-talkie was heard.

"Yes." Replied a feminine voice.

"I have eyes on the target." The girl spoke again as she lay on the floor of a building near an opening in the glass wall, looking toward some infected through the magnifying glass of her sniper. Some infected were slowly limping toward some people, trying to bite them.

"And, you're mine." The girl mumbled before pulling the trigger and blasting the heads of the infected one by one. The girl then sat leaning on the wall beside her.

"All done." She spoke to the man.

"Great. Now, Sinon. Stay and wait there, a helicopter is on its way to retrieve the survivors and you." And just like that, the voice disappeared.

" And just like that, the voice disappeared

"Well, this is life now." Sinon murmured to herself and looked toward the sky.

Saitama Prefecture.

Hon Kawagoe.

Kazuto's p.o.v.

"Kirito!" Eugeo yelled as he, Asuna, Sugu, and Alice ran after me. We were running along the street. I was running nowhere. I didn't know where to go, I just kept running, blurring their yells. At this moment, I didn't care if an infected come running toward me or killed me. But weirdly, the streets were free from them. There were no infected roaming around there. I didn't care though. Suddenly, my steps came to a halt as many police officers ran toward us from the front, blocking the way. They all had guns pointed toward me. Eugeo and everyone also stopped in their tracks. There were some officers in the front holding shield as protection. A few stood behind the shields, pointing their guns toward us. A helicopter then came flying above us.

"Halt! Don't move!" A voice was heard from the helicopter as the pressure of the air blew our hair and clothes. I slightly pulled mom's body near my chest as I didn't want the cover over her to fly away due to the harsh wind. We all were surrounded. Walls were on our sides, cops on our front, and a helicopter above our heads with its gun ready.

"Kazuto!" Eugeo slightly shouted as he slowly moved toward me. Everyone also followed suit. I, on the other hand, didn't move from my place nor turned to look at them, and kept starting toward my front, toward the cops. The cops looked like they were about to shoot us at any moment. I can't blame them though, they must think with our injuries that we just have made contact with the infected and could turn into them at any moment. As soon as Eugeo reached me, a cop lifted his gun toward me. Eugeo noticed it and instantly came in front of me, shielding me, with his hands extended and his back facing me. Yet, I could sense the determined and serious look on his face as he bravely jumped in front.

"Don't shoot." Before anyone could react, a familiar masculine voice came, stopping the cop. Then, an officer walked from between the cops toward us. He was the same officer we all bumped into before.