Chapter 1 | The Beginning

Ages :
Max - 18
El - 17
Lucas - 18
Dustin - 18
Will - 17
Mike - 18

Summary

(Max POV)

Today was the day! The day had finally come...for our senior camp trip to begin.

I was so excited to see my bestest friend in the whole wide world Eleanor Hopper (I call her el!) who I hadn't seen in forever . We've known each other our whole life we basically are blood sisters..we are inseparable!!!

September 10th, 1988

(Max POV)

I yawn as I hear the morning birds chirps and the sound of my annoying f**king alarm.

I sit up as I reach my arm over to the alarm and slam it on the floor in annoyance by the stupid thing. I sit there for a few minutes trying to fully wake up until I hear my door creak open with my mum peeking her head around the corner trying to see if I was awake.

I offered her with a wave with a half arsed smile plastered on my face.
"Finally your awake!" She says
"Your going to be late quick!" She adds

"Late for what?" I say vaguely trying to remember than it hits me... sh*t todays the day we leave for camp.

I quickly get up not waiting for an answer as I had figured it out. I rush to my closet and pick out a bright green hoodie with some dark blue jeans.

As I started to get changed i hear my mum shout "Sweetie hurry up we have to leave in 5 minutes"

I start to panic putting my clothes on quicker than I start heading downstairs to get a quick bite to eat before I leave. I grab some skittles out of the top draw and stuff them in the pocket of my jeans.

We get in the car and the whole car ride there we were just in silence. Things have been complicated with my mum ever since Billy died and Neil left her filing for a divorce straight after billy died. It tore my mum apart she cried every night and eventually she would drink the pain away. Whenever she's drunk she takes all the anger and pain out on me as I was the only left in the house with her. She would say things like "it's your fault he died!" "It should have been you instead" "Neil left me and now I'm stuck with you the ungrateful piece of sh*t"

I will admit sometimes her words did hurt me to my core but most of the times I realise she not in the right state of mind as she would apologise the morning after always.

As I look out the window I hear the voices and loud chattering. I look forward to the windshield realising that we had made it to the school.

I open the door to get out but my mum stops me quick saying

"Have a good time sweetie , I love you" as she kissed my cheek

I offer her a smile replying with

"I will , I must admit I'm going to miss you" I say while smiling at her

She offers me a smile back as she hugged me for one last goodbye

I shut the door behind me as I start heading towards the entrance of the high school

I sit there for a while waiting for my best friend El. I pull the skittles out my back pocket of my jeans and rip them open as I poured them into my mouth I hear a voice say

"Hey bestie!" El says happily

I look at her and hug her immediately

"Hi bestie you were taking so long I thought u forgot about me for a second" I say rolling my eyes jokingly