🐾 - part 4: Place de Vosges 🐞

Zoe ran behind Ladybug atop the rooftops of Paris, following her supervillain sister, who was turning people into bananas. It wasn't a sentence she imagined herself ever thinking, yet here she was. Talk about culture shock.

"She must have seen that movie you were in and gotten jealous," Ladybug yelled back at her. "You were amazing in that, by the way."

Zoe felt herself flush underneath her mask. "You saw it?"

"Of course," Ladybug said. "You're a talented actress, Zoe. I know you'll make it big."

"Sometimes I feel like it takes over my life," Zoe confided. "Do you ever feel that way about being a superhero?"

"All the time," Ladybug said, and her eyes became a little wistful. She stopped running and Zoe stood beside her, looking her up and down. "But we do it because we love it, and we know we can bring good to the world. I wouldn't give up being Ladybug for anything. I know that now."

She turned to Zoe and smiled. "Does that make any sense?"

"Absolutely," Zoe said. She often felt that way about being an actress. Sure, it changed her sometimes, but she had learned to be better at playing a part around her friends. Marinette had helped her with that.

"Good," Ladybug said. "Now, let's take care of your sister."

Zoe redirected her attention to Chloe, or Queen Banana, as she was now calling herself. Her heart stirred in her chest as she watched her sister cruelly turn people into bananas. How could Chloe do this time and time again? Didn't she realize she was hurting people?

"The place de Vosges wasn't initially planned on the tour, but it's nice that you get to see it," Ladybug said. Indeed, they were over the historic park, right outside of Marinette's house.

"Marinette lives near here," Zoe said, "so I've passed through it a few times."

"That's right," Ladybug said. "I had forgotten.

Zoe couldn't shake the strange feeling she was lying.

"So what's our strategy to defeat Chloe?" Zoe said. "I assume it can't be the same as last time, or she'll figure us out."

"You're right," Ladybug said. "This time, I don't think she'll turn you into a banana."

"Thank goodness," Zoe said, and Ladybug giggled. "That isn't as fun as you might think."

"I need you to paralyze her from behind," Ladybug said. "That way she doesn't see you coming."

"Got it," Zoe said. "But how do I get past the giant gorilla?"

"I'll distract it," Ladybug said. "You focus on Chloe."

Zoe nodded, and they both leaped off the roof and into the park. They ran in opposite directions, Zoe ducking behind benches so Chloe didn't see her. Ladybug drew her attention away, and Zoe positioned herself behind Chloe, ready to strike.

"You won't get away from me sister," she said under her breath. She pulled out her spinning top, and strode forward, already opening her mouth to yell.

"Venom," she shouted, at the same time somebody else said "cataclysm!"

Zoe stumbled as Chat Noir landed right in front of her. His eyes widened as he saw her lurch forward. She tried to move her extended arm out of the way so she didn't hit him, but he dodged in the same direction. The point of her needle hit him square in the chest, and he froze in place. She had paralyzed Chat Noir.

Chloe laughed as she turned around and saw their predicament.

"You really thought you could get me, imposter?" She said cruelly. She pointed her banana gun directly at Zoe, ready to pull the trigger and turn her into fruit. Again.