phoenix prophecy {2}

Chapter 2: friends betray friends, when they do it nips you in the ass.

Vote, comment.

King bone-crusher when he's using his powers, when he's not he's brown feathered and not firey lol

Bone-crusher tucked his wings neatly to his side. After the confrontation wing kill-flight, it alhad left him weak, since he gave part of his life to that stupid egg. It would be days before he healed leaving the kingdom open for attacks.

It could be another kingdom, or humans, the worst possible outcome. Bone started to preen his feathers, his mate always complained about how to clean every day. He missed her. And he would someday kill the human who took her away.

Oh my beautiful mate, Dove-wing, I remember her white feathers as clear as day. Her pushing her beak into mine, being together, me getting jealous at times.

Bone smiled at the memories. When his mate had died, she had been with a hatchling. With the mother as life support, the egg suffocated, having not to be laid. The egg would have been laid days after is that human had not.......

Bone shook his head. He was trying to forget, and giving a detailed account in his head was not going to help. His nest was on a cliff, where a lot of other nest were, but of course his was the highest. He looked around to see Phoenix's flying a over, some vistinf neighbors, lover sneaking out, his men training in the air and on the ground. Like was perfect, it would be if dove-wing hadn't left him....alone.

He gazed at the sky, it was blue and clear, not a cloud in sight. I should check on the egg. There was a feeling deep down that something was wrong.

He spread his wings and lifted into the sky. His wing so large he just soared across the sky, towards the throne room. The guards open end the roof entrance. Bone alighted down to see a phoenix carrying the egg.....his egg.

"DROP THE EGG OR YOU DIE" Bone-crushers voice echoed around the walls, earning a flinch from the enemy which pleased bone. His talons glowed red, daring the theif to move another talon.

The bird dropped the large egg and rolled it to bone. Bone check and sure enough, the egg started glowing again in his touch, the shadow of the baby inside had him staring in awe. The thief took the chance and turn to flea spreading his wings, he was met by guards who graves his wings on either side while the the if struggled.

"Who are you" bone asked, placing the egg in the podium, and sitting in his throne.

The thief had light brown feathers a common color. "I.....I just..."

Bone flared his feather impatiently, "spit it out" he hissed.

"I'm, not a thief" the other bord chocked out. So its male.

"Leave us" bone ordered. The guards look up sure, but followed the command. The thief looked up, his eyes were unusually green. It vexed him.

"P-please king bone-crusher, d-dont kill me!" Bone narrowed his eyes, this young bird yelled for mercy, but why should I give it to him.

"Why should I show you mercy" bone snapped. The thief flinched back at his words. Good.

"The reason I came was to Confirm my suspicion" the thief confessed. Bone was tired, he wasn't as strong as he was since the life giving, and he knew the thief knew it too.

Bones eyes twinkled, their red color shimmered. I sign of anger. Bone tapped his talons on the floor, what to do with this egg thief?

"Tell me your name" bone a least wanted a name if he did kill him.

"Sp- sphere-wing" the thief chocked out. Bones eyes opened wide. Was it really him? Would he remember if I used my hatchling name?

"Sparrow-tail" I said slowly. Sphere-wing stared at me.

"Sparrow-tail.....your hear...your in front if me." I smiled playfully.

"I should be saying that to you" I shot back. Sphere-wing lifted into the air and flew right at me, fllolding his wings around me.

"I missed you idiot" he said. "Please just hold me, I need it." I said nothing, we were feather to feather, so close....too close.

"Um...sphere-wing, you can let go now." Sphere gasped at pulled back.

"I'm sorry" he blushed. He actually blushed, his whole damn face is glowing. In flight school when they were just fledgling, everyone knew of his crush on sparrow-tail. He never really cared and let sphere look from a far, but now his mate was dead, he was not getting close to him, not ever.

"I'm sorry" sphere said. It made bone feel guilty. Was it really nessary. He pushed the thought back. I have bigger things to worry about.

Bone and sphere engaged in a friendly conversation. It wasn't until sphere fazed over bones shoulder and gasped.

"Bone!"

"You know I really like those cakes your mom use to make."

"Bone.."

"Yes an I remember when when you tried to fly and fell on your ass.

"Bone!" Sphere pushed bone back a little, bone glared at him.

"What" sphere nodded behind him. When bone looked back he gasped.

"Fuck" bone whispered.

"I would like to, so don't say that word" sphere snapped, ignoring what was happening.

Bone blushed before glaring at at sphere. "Don't get cocky asshole, this is serious, the egg is hatching."

The both watched at crack after crack appeared on the beautiful egg.

"The prophecy begins" sphere muttered.