Phoenix prophecy {5}

~kill-fast~

Kill-fast screeched angrily, why did his father never come to him? Always leaving him with the guards. Did his father not care about him? He seemed to always hang around casandra the grand. I loath her.

I saw bone-crusher fly in with her and I stiffened. "Did you feed him?" Was the only thing he said. The guards nodded and he left again. With her! I was a young bird, I had hatched two weeks ago, I had soft brown feathers with hazle eyes, I couldn't fly being a newborn.

"Sphere-flight" I jumped up as the older bird landed in front of me.

"What's up kido?" I pointed my beak over to my dad and his new mate.

"He doesn't care about me, he's always with her" I said bitterly. "I loath that good for nothing...."

"Kill-fast watch you language" then he coughed. "I agree" I smiled and snickered. We both loathed her.

"Who named me kill-fast anyway??" Sphere-flight shrugged and started to preen himself. I noticed bone-crusher looking his way every now and then. I've had enough.

I hopped over to bone and casandra with a glare. "Pops" he looked down at me with a small scowl.

"What?" Casandra giggled at me and I hissed at her causing bone to give me a warning glance.

"I know you don't care about me, but don't ignore me like I'm stupid, while you fawn over your stupid second chance, you don't really love her" I took a breath while bone gasped along with sphere-wing. He opened his beak to respond but I silenced him. "We both know who you really love, and if you keep hiding it you'll loose that bird forever." I glared at casandra one more time before hopping away, my father staring after me dumbfounded.

~kill-flight ~

I mumbled under my breath in annoyance as my two newly fledged chicks flew around the room breaking my things in the process.

"Both of you ground now!" I screeched. They landed quickly both my sons had smiles on their beaks. "If you want to fly go out side" I grumbled pointing my wing to the exit. They wasted no time flying out almost running into a guard. Chicks.

A phoenix landed in my throne room, I didn't know him. "Who are you" the stranger smiled.

"Let's just say if you don't help me.....your sons won't make it to adult hood" I froze he just threatened my chicks.

"I'll teach you your place" I screech flexing my claws which had metal over them making them more leathel.

"Don't, I have men outside ready to kill your precious chicks if they here my scream." Is he testing me? My feathers fluffed up in fury. My fire was threatening to come out.

"What is is you want" I asked slowly.

"You will lend me your men....I will kill-bone crusher and take his place as king before that chick matures."

"And if I say no" I already knew the answer.

"You sons are in my men's care, if the mission does not start they will kill them both." My king side and father side battled.

Did I want to kill bone and have his kingdome be corrupted? Or let my sons die and bones chick becomes the savior. My king side wants to stay loyal to bone...while my father side will betray him for my sons. I don't know what to do.

The stranger chuckled a little. "I will get your answer tonight" he spread his wings and flew out the entrance. I looked outside to where my sons once were playing, they were gone.