013

Turns out the Middle School houses the salt for the roads, as we are quickly told by Hopper. We quickly set up the kiddie pool in the gym, filling it with water and the salt, making sure the calculations are perfect. I have to admit, while I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar it was fun, and I actually enjoyed helping the boys. Even if I was their lackey for most of it.

Joyce led Eleven back into the gym as we all met again. Ready for her to track our friends.

"...Barb... Barbra?" She began to call out, looking for the missing teenager.

"-What's going on?"

"I don't know."

"Is Barb okay? Is she okay?" Nancy asked, praying that the small girl would say yes and dismiss her fears. However not a second passes before Eleven began screaming.

Water splashed everywhere as she began to repeat herself. "Gone! Gone!" My heart broke for Nancy as I looked over to her. My heart also broke for Barbara... what did she have to endure in her last moments.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay." Joyce held on to her hand, convincing me it was okay to hold her other one.

"Gone!"

"Hey. It's okay. It's okay, we're right here. We're right here, honey."

"It's okay. I got you. Don't be afraid. I'm right here with you." I spoke trying to calm her down. It must have worked because she began thrashing around and settled back into the water calmly.

"Castle Byers."

"Castle Byers?"

"Will." The boys all said together, finally able to relax knowing that Will didn't have the same outcome as Barbara did.

"You tell him... tell him I'm coming." Joyce's voice shook as tears slid out from her eyes.

"Mom is coming. Your Mom... she's coming for you." The radio static then made out a voice that belonged to someone.

"Hurry." All of us looked around, knowing that voice - it was Will.

"We're coming. We're coming, okay? We're coming, honey. Just... just hold on a little longer."

Eleven sprung forward. Deep breaths coming from her small body.

"I've got you." I helped pull El out of the pool and towards her and Joyce. "It's okay. I got you. We got you."

"We got you, honey. You did so good."

Eleven was wrapped up in a towel, beside the boys who were talking amongst themselves. Nancy stood by herself, reeling from the news of her best friend's death. I stood with Jonathan talking to the adults.

"So this fort. Where is it?" Hopper asked.

"Uh, it's in the woods behind our house."

"Yeah, he used to go there to hide." Jonathan stated.

"-Now, listen, I need you to stay here and watch over the kids.." Joyce and Jonathan started to talk, both trying to get the other one to stand down. I looked over to Hopper, his forehead creasing as he thought.

"Chief?"

"Yes kid?" He looked down at me.

"What's going to happen to El? Once everything is over."

"I'm gonna be honest, kid. I don't know. But what I do know is I'm not letting her go back to those people."

I nod at him, only slightly happy at his answer, before me and Jonathan make our way over to Nancy. Leaving the kids safely on the bleachers.