III. 'RACE YOU!'

CHAPTER THREE —
race you!

✧ ೃ༄ ━━ THE hillson FAMILY has been in mexico for two days now. the first day was nothing but chaos.

they got to spend sometime with the family they do like and spend the whole night talking to each other and catching up and the second day they spend the whole day wanting nothing more than to kill themselves or the family they don't like.

now it's their third day and in the calander of megan hillson, they were going to spend time with their friends, well carlos old friends who love megan.

"what dress?" lottie asked holding up a white dress and a yellow dress, putting them both on her body looking at her mom and odette for an answer.

"yellow." they both answers causing lottie to nod her head and quickly go over to the bathroom starting to change.

odette was already in her white flowy dress, she wore it mostly because of the strips. they were in a bow form and the front had a very pretty flower pattern. she had her white cork sandles on and was currently putting on mascara along with lip gloss.

soon the hillson family was standing in front of a restaurant, the three siblings behind their parents awkwardly and nervously. odette had her arms wrapped around Brandon and lottie rocking back and forth on her heels waiting for them enter the restaurant.

"so," Carlos said spinning around to face his kids, "uh, if you don't be social i will tell embarrassing stories about you guys."

the three kids nodded their head at the same time following after carlos and Megan who were immediately greeted by the adults. "this are my kids!" Megan said excitedly to the women who has beautiful brown curls and pointing to the three, "lottie, Brandon and my youngest odette."

"hola." lottie, Brandon and odette said at the same time scaring each other. the three siblings gave each other a weird look and pulled their arms away from odette who pushed them away.

the women laughed loudly at the two and sat down starting to chatter with each other. Carlos was far gone in the bar talking with the husband of the new friend that Megan was talking too.

"what are we suppose to do now?" Brandon hissed at them looking around the restaurant knowing how stupid they looked standing up and not sitting down.

"sit down, i guess." lottie shrugged her shoulders looking down the table and the only other three spots available was the one next to a boy who looked like odette's age, sitting down at the far end looking down at his phone. "didi, go."

"what?!" odette whispered to lottie looking over at Brandon who shrugged his shoulders not knowing what to do. "why me?!"

"he's your age or whatever." lottie said back putting her hands behind odettes back and pushing her forward. Lottie and Brandon quickly looked away away pretending to look at some bird outside of the restaurant gasping loudly and pointing at it.

odette mentally cussed the living hell out of her siblings as she touched the chair and rehearsed what she was going to say but once she was in front of him her mind went blank, panic filling inside of her.

"hi." he said kindly putting down his phone and looking up at the girl who nodded her head feeling herself go into a panic attack.

"uh, my siblings and i are wondering if we can sit here?" odette asked pointing to the chairs around them and he seemed confused since he didn't know her, "our parents are friends." she quickly added causing him to nod quickly.

"sure." he responded back and watched as odette walked quickly over to lottie and Brandon pulling them over to the their chairs.

"hi!" lottie said with her usual outgoing and joyous voice. which she uses whenever she talks to a new person. "im lottie, that's Brandon and she's odette."

"im odette." she said still trying to calm down the panic that was running through her body, bringing her hand up and waving at the boy who grinned at them.

"miguel."

they all stayed quiet for a while not knowing what to say until brandon spoke up and just started to talk with Miguel about the most random things that only them boys understood.

soon odette and lottie joined in the conversation. odette was surprised in how fast they all got along and they only knew each other for a hour. her nerve wreck has been gone completely but she has only spoken a little to miguel, only a few words being thrown to each other but nothing more than two sentences.

the two family's then decided to go out to the beach and spend some time there. the two dads were out burying a hole on the ground to make a bomb fire while the moms were watching on how their kids instantly clicked.

"you ass!" lottie shouted pushing brandon into the water. she scoffed loudly looking down at her now wet dress.

"you ass!" brandon mocked back at lottie who ran after brandon. the boy let out a scream and ran away from lottie who jumped onto his back trying to drop him to the water and drown him.

"they're the oldest, huh." miguel said going over to stand next to odette who was watching on how her siblings fought with each other.

odette laughed nodding her head crossing her arms over her chest, "apparently." Miguel laughed along with her the both of them now smiling widely.

"how long are you staying here for?" miguel asked her looking over to odette who also turned her head to look at him.

"a whole week. this is our third day here." odette informed him making him nod his head.

"four more days."

"kinda wished it was longer," odette hummed turning her head back over to the front, her eyes landed back upon brandon and lottie who were still attacking each other inside of the water. "dont wanna go back."

"why?" asked miguel looking over to their mothers who were taking pictures of the sky and of them, whispering happily to each other. he frowned his eyebrows and quickly looked forward.

"its not fun." odette laughed shrugging her shoulders before uncrossing her arms and having the gut to turn around over to miguel and stand in front of him. "you wanna go with them?"

"yeah sure." miguel nodded his head lifting his feet up from the sand and starting to walk next to odette.

"race you." odette raised an eyebrow at miguel who grinned nodding his head and taking his hands out of his pockets and starting to run along with odette who gasped loudly following after miguel.

"brandon im going to kill you!"

"No! i havent had a sugar mommy yet!"