Sage Time

"TYNN! Wake up, damn it!"

"Gah! Huh—wha?" Tynn shot up from his bed and looked around, half-asleep. "I-I'm awake, I'm awake—"

"We're under attack!"

"Wh...huh?"

One second passed.

Two seconds passed.

Then it clicked.

"WHAT?!"

CRASH!

Blare! Blare! Blare!

"Get up, you lazy lard!" Ree yelled as he grabbed Tynn by the shoulders and dragged him out of bed, throwing him onto the floor. Alarms blared all around them while Nutt and Bee jerked awake and looked around, equally dazed.

Hiss.

"CADETS!" Venn yelled. "Battle stations, ASAP!"

"Sir, yes, sir!" they all replied, with varying degrees of enthusiasm and sleepiness. Ree kicked Tynn one more time to wake him up before following Venn to the bridge. Bee flailed his arms around in panic as he rolled off his bed, and Nutt was tossing all his stuff around trying to find his blaster.

Tynn groaned one more time before slamming his fist on the floor and reaching for his blaster under his bed. "Damn, and I was having a good dream, too..." he grumbled.

——————————

"About time you got up," Bagg joked as Tynn and the other boys stumbled into the bridge. "Little late to the party, eh?"

Tynn brushed his hair out of his eyes and took his place next to Bagg. "Still the life of it. What are we dealing with?"

"It's a Lynizero-grade assault," Lee called out while swiping and tapping the screen on her station, pulling up a zoomed-in camera of several Neteos rushing at the ship. "I'm picking up similar levels of H20, Iron, Fire, and Air, with a bit more Zap."

"Got it," Tynn replied. "Are we seeing Minis?"

"Yup. Coming hard and coming fast."

"So, the usual then?"

Venn nodded. "Tynn, Bagg, and Bee, suit up. You're with me. Everyone else, keep the cannons on the Neteos."

The other four cadets nodded. Slitee pulled up her information panel, Nutt took over driving, and Lee and Ree manned the ship's cannons. Meanwhile, Bagg ran to the back of the bridge, tossed Tynn and Bee their spacesuits, and started to slip into hers while Venn did the same.

CRASH!

Beep-beep-beep-beep!

"Commander Venn! Wait!" Slitee called suddenly. "Our cannons are hit! We won't be able to cover you guys if you go out there! It's—"

CRASH!

Another crash rattled the bridge, this time much more severe. Everyone who had been standing had been thrown off their feet and landed on either their stomach or their back.

"I-I can't steer!" Nutt cried out as he wildly turned the wheel in vain. "Commander Venn, our drivetrain's damaged!"

"Shields are at 2.7%!" Slitee frantically warned. "We're running on reserves and we've got about 63 seconds left before our power's completely drained!"

Venn cursed under his breath and stared out at the ever-increasing flurry of rocks hurling at them. He looked at all of his cadets, then growled and banged his fist on the wall. "Damn! All right, Nutt, hit the hyperdrive! Get us out of here! We got to jump to a planet, or this ship's gonna blow itself up!"