14. dance rehearsal

chapter fourteen, dance rehearsal

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rosalie, Jeremiah and the other escorts are waiting upstairs for their dance rehearsal. Jeremiah's boss was kind enough to let him go for a hour so he can be there for his Rosalie.

Him having his arm wrapped around her shoulder the entire time, some other girls talking about them. Her wearing a short flower dress.

"Hey, Belly, Rosie and Jere" Shayla greets them

"Hey. I'm so sorry I was such a mess yesterday. I... I really hope I didn't screw things up that bad" Belly instantly apologizes.

"It's okay. We're good" she replies and chuckles softly.

"Yeah but you were a Tasmanian devil, though"

"Be nice. We've all been there. The first time I got drunk, I FaceTimed each one of my exes, one by one, and made them tell me why we broke up" Shayla says and they laugh.

"I would have paid to watch that" Jere says laughing.

"Exes? Can I get, like, a ballpark figure?" Steven asks.

"You two seem different" Shayla says, looking between Rosalie and Jeremiah, not wanting to directly ask if they are a thing.

"Well Shayla, I can now proudly present you my girlfriend Rosalie Baker" Jere says smiling and giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Wow congrats" she responds, happy that her new friend finally found her love.

Before anyone could say more, Paige walks in and says, "Attention, everyone. Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington, all the way from Ms. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton"