Chapter 1: First Day

"I wish I have never met you. You self-centered, cocky piece of sh-" I screamed.

Wait, let's take this back before life was complicated for me...

Ahh... Freshman year. It seems like the beginning of the year was so long ago. Before everything, life was so simple, easy and smooth. I dint have the complicated life I do now. It's funny how everything can seem normal one moment, then everything just crashes like that. Have you ever wondered how your life would have been if you did or didn't do one thing?

Ringg!!!! My alarm clock is so freaking loud!

"Sky! Wake up! It's the first day of school. I know you don't want to miss out!" she said sarcastically.

Today is the first day of freshman year. Of course I'm nervous, scared and every bad feeling you could think of. You always see people in the movies think of high school as hell.

"Can't I just be homeschooled?" I asked.

"Ha! You are funny!" she said sarcastically again... I think I know where my sarcasm comes from now.

Ugh! I get up from my bed, and open the curtains to let some light through my room. Hmm... The neighbors have a moving truck in front. I guess they're moving. My family never really talked to them and we barely knew anything about them. The only thing I did know was that they were pretty rich.

For the first day I decide that I want to make a good impression on my fellow classmates and dress nicely. I put on a black lace skirt and a black crop top. I don't know why I even own a crop top. It was never my style to show off my belly. I only decided to wear it because my skit was above my waist, right underneath my shirt. So, no belly. Thank God.

Okay, I finished with my clothes. Now, shoes. I really don't like high heels, or flats... I guess I could wear my sneakers. I hope it doesn't make my outfit look that bad. I put on some chuck socks and white vans. Then, I just put on a simple black chocker with a heart as a chain. I stand in my room for about 5 more minutes wondering whether I should curl my hair or just keep it straight. Ugh... I'm too lazy to actually curl my hair and my hair is already naturally straight... I am ready for my dreadful first day at school.

I look at my phone to check the time. 7:50. Oh crap! School starts at 8:00!

I grab my bag that I had pre-packed the night before and run down the stairs.

"Mom! We're late!" I screamed while running to the door.

"I know. I know. Sorry! I lost track of time while playing candy crush. It's not my fault the game is so addicting," she says in the kitchen. I see her walking out of the kitchen a brush halfway through her hair, shirt untucked, phone under her armpit, bag in one hand and coffee in the other.

Wow... She looks like a mess.

"I know what you are thinking. Maybe you could help me so we could get out of the house faster," she said annoyed.

I walk over to her take her coffee and bag out of her hands so that she could fix her shirt. She gives me her phone and I place it into the pocket of her purse. Then, I place the coffee on the table next to me and brush out her hair. Done!

"Okay let's go!" I screamed. I pick up my phone to check the time again. 7:54

"Wait for me!" Kat said from upstairs. Oh crap! I totally forgot about her. I was so busy caring about myself that I forgot that I had a younger sister to wake up and rush out of bed.

"Sorry!" I screamed back at her.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" she screamed back.

"Uh... I forgot?" I screamed back.

I look back to my mom giving me a disappointed look.

"What? I was busy getting ready for school. She should have her own alarm!" I said in my defense.

"She is your younger sister. You should be in charge of her." She states.

"She is almost 13! She doesn't need me to wake her up." I say.

"I'm ready!" I hear Kat screaming while running down the stairs.

She also has a brush stuck in her hair, shirt not fully down, phone under armpit, bag in one hand, and lunch box in the other.

"Like mother, like daughter," I say and let out a little chuckle.

"It's not funny! It's your fault I'm late anyways." Kat says.

"I'm sorry okay? Can we please just leave now?" I ask. I look back at my phone. 7:58.

We all run into the car getting ourselves settled. Before I am able to put my seatbelt on, my mom is speeding down our street. Thank God we live close to school. The high school is only one street next to mine. I would walk, but we are already late.

"Hurry get out of here!" my mom screamed at me. I rushed out of the car before she was able to finish her sentence. I went straight to the door and before I could even touch the handle of the door, the bell rings.

Ring!!!!!

Crap!!!!!

I run through the hallways to get to my first class. Hey... I think I should be on the track team. I didn't know I could run this fast. So proud! Wait! Sky get back to Earth please! You need to get to your class!

Which reminds me... Where is my first class? This is the first time in a new school. I have never set foot in this building once! Oh perfect...

I take out my school schedule that was given to me through the mail. Rushing, I find which class I have first on Mondays.

Homeroom- 8:00-8:15 Room 150

Where the hell is that? I turn to my right and see room 115. Ugh! How big is this school? My homeroom is probably across the whole school! At least I am getting exercise... Right?

I run as fast as I could while looking at my schedule to see which classes I have today.

Hmm... Let's see.

Algebra- Easy

English- Easy

Biology-Fuck...

Boom! I bump into something really big. I fall backwards from the huge impact from the bump. Damn! How could the other person not fall? I was running so fast which is extra strength.

I look up to see a huge figure towering over me. Who is this?