Chapter 7: Awkward Hero

Ethan P.O.V.

"Do you, maybe, want to go out for a movie sometime?" Alex said.

Oh... My... God... Butterflies start rising in my stomach. This can't possibly be happening. My crush for the longest time actually asked me out? He was gay? I am surprised, and very very very happy!!!

"Wait, you're gay?" was all I said. Wow, I'm weird. I could have just said yes, but I HAD to say that. Nice job Ethan.

Alex chuckles from what I had said. "Ha, um yeah. I sort of had a crush on you for a very long time. None of my friends know that I'm gay yet. I just don't know how to tell them," he said looking down.

What if he ends up like me when he does tell them? I don't want him to go through the sleepless night I had, the bullying, and the hate. Of course he has to be himself, but sometimes it doesn't feel worth losing everything you had. If his friends are true friends, then they wouldn't leave him, right?

"Don't worry.  Just tell them. If they really are your friends, they won't desert you like mine did. If anything does happen, I'm still here," I said while putting my hand on his arm.

"So, I'm guessing that is a yes for the date?" he asks with a big smile. He is so handsome, adorable, and cute.

"You guessed right!" I said. We stood in our seats in the quiet library staring at each other. This is a dream come true. This week has been hell for me, but today changed my whole mood. I didn't have any friends, but today I met my new best friends and my crush just asked me out. How could this day go wrong?

After the longest, quiet stare at each other, Alex finally broke the silence.

"I should get going to my lockers and get my stuff for our next classes. Bye," he says standing up. "I'll text you when our date is. What's your number?"

Did he just ask for my number? This is too much to take in! I can't wait to tell Sky all of this!

"555-2643" I say with a big grin on my face.

"Okay, I'll text you later. Thanks, by the way..." he says. He is thanking me? I should be thanking him for having good eye-sight. You would probably have to be blind to not like some of this.

"For what?" I ask.

"I would probably have never thought of telling my friends that I was gay if it weren't for you. I kept postponing it because I don't want them to hate me. I plan on telling them after school today," he says.

"No problem. I wish you best of luck!" I say.

"Okay, so see you later?" he asks. I nod. "Now I just have to think of a way to tell my parents..." he says.

Oh crap! I never thought about that. I guess I will just have to ask Sky to help me.

I start grabbing my stuff in the chair next to me after he leaves. After packing up, I walked out of the empty library and went straight to my locker. Passing by the empty classrooms, I saw something I will never un-see!