Chapter 4: The Library

"Can you watch where you are going?" I say. Obviously this person was just as rude as the first person I bumped into earlier this week. How can you not see someone walking in the hallway, obviously busy looking at a paper?

I look up to see the same jerk from Monday. Perfect. This guy somehow knows how make me seem more invisble than I already am.

"Ugh, not you again," I say. How can he not possibly fallen on to the ground? Is he some sort of robot that the government has been hiding from us? Are they going to take over the world?

"Not in the mood, freshman," he says angered.

"Did your mommy forget to pack your juice box for lunch?" I ask.

"Haha, funny freshman. Did your mommy forget to teach you manners?" he asks.

"Me? You're the one who needs manners. You keep bumping into me and not even saying 'Excuse me'," I say. I can't believe he thinks that I am the one who needs manners! So hypocritical.

"You are the one purposely bumping into me because you just want to get with me," he says sounding so assure of himself.

This guy's ego is all the way in outer space right now.

"Why would I even want to get with you?" I ask. He is even more of a jerk than I already thought he was. How self-centered do you have to be to actually think that the reason I accidentally bump into him is because I want to 'get with him'. What does that even mean? Like, go out with him? Ugh, just the thought of me going out with this guy already disgusts me.

If you haven't already noticed, I like guys because of personality. NOT because a guy looks cute. I would rather date the ugliest, but sweetest, guy in school rather than date him.

"Why wouldn't you? That's the question," he says with a smirk on his face. He gave me a tiny wink, which I think he probably uses on all of the girls.

I scoff, "I have many reasons why I wouldn't."

"Bet you can't think of one," he says with the same smirk on his face. Ugh he is so cute! But so arrogant!

"I can think of many. If I tell you, it might lower your self-esteem," I said feeling proud. Didn't think I had it in me.

Ring!!! The bell for our next class rang so loud I probably couldn't hear at my own thoughts.

"Come on! We have to go!" Ethan screams. I almost forgot he was still standing next to me.

I walked away from the rude boy, whom I still don't know the name of. I felt victorious with the last word.

"I can't believe you just did that!" he says sounding surprised, but a bit scared.

"Did what?" I ask. I honestly just talked to a stupid jerk.

"You just told off the legendary, senior, hottest boy, Hunter!" he screams in my face.

"Wait, what? Who? Huh?" I say as we get to our classrooms. His Spanish class is across my class. "We will talk about this later! Okay?"

"Okay!" he says as we walk into our different classrooms.

I spend all of French and English thinking about what Ethan had said. Legendary? Hottest boy? Senior? I have been fighting with a legendary, hot senior... Twice! Well! That boosted up my confidence and self-esteem higher! I am so proud of myself!

Why would he think that I was actually 'trying' to bump into him? His ego is too big for me. I don't even know who he is! How can he be so famous and adored as Ethan says and still be a jerk. People here are really crazy!