chapter eighteen

when they arrived home he carried her inside, laying her on her bed and went to un load the car. as he finished up she met him at the door, the blanket wrapped tightly around her body.

"hi princess." he smiled, leaning down to kiss her lips.

"hi." she said while her cheeks went red, a soft smile on her lips.

"let's go take a shower, then we can go to bed.. okay?" in return he got a grumble of disapproval. he scooped her up and let the blanket fall to the floor, sitting her on the counter while he undressed himself.

"today was so fun." she said while climbing into the hot stream of the shower.

"it was, you have very good ideas." she smiled and hugged onto his torso. he carefully washed her body and hair as she simply was too tired to do it herself. she stayed in the shower with him while he cleaned himself. she knew she'd be asleep before he got out. he quickly washed his body then got out to get her towel, wrapping himself in his towel.

"cmere." he cooed, helping juliana out of the shower.

"can i have your hoodie." she asked while sitting on the edge of the bed. he smiled and pulled his favorite hoodie down from the closet, laying it besides her. she smiled and went to her room to get some underwear. they both got dressed in some pajamas and cuddled in his bed.

"wanna pick a movie?" he asked while softly stroking her damp hair. she shook her head and climbed onto his chest, resting her hands under his body.

"i'm tired." she said softly, nuzzling her head into his neck. he decided he didn't want to watch tv and focused his attention on the girl in his lap, softly rubbing her back.

"baby." she said softly, keeping her head on his chest.

"hmm?" he hummed, kissing the top of her head.

"what are we?" she asked, to which he shrugged.

"whatever you want us to be." she sighed softly, letting her eyes fall closed. she didn't like that he rarely ever said how he felt. she wanted to know how he felt. deep in her thoughts she ended up drifting off to sleep, his hands softly laying on her back.
~~~
the next morning when rowan woke up juliana wasn't atop him anymore, nor was she besides him. he sat up and walked out of the open room door and found her in the kitchen.

"good morning." he cooed, resting his arm around her back and kissed her lips.

"morning." she muttered, spooning some cereal into her mouth. she went back to silently scrolling on her phone, still stuck on last night.

"are you okay?" he asked while leaning on the counter in front on her.

"yeah." she said flatly, standing to put her bowl in the sink. she walked off to her room and flopped on the bed. his eyebrows furrowed after seeing this, following her after a few seconds.

"jules?" he said, sitting besides her and rubbed her back softly.

"hmm?" she asked, turning to look at him.

"what's wrong?" she sat up and sat criss cross in front of him.

"you never tell me how you feel about things." she said. she meant to sound serious but it came out as more of a whine. he frowned and pulled her into his lap.

"i'm sorry." his voice was soft, apologetic. she didn't reply though, gazing at him. he tucked the loose hairs from out of her face then cupped her cheeks.

"look, jules... it's something i'm working on, you can ask your brot-"

"i don't want to talk to him." she said sternly, to which he nodded.

"that's okay... but, he knows i've been working on it." she cupped his face in her hands.

"what happened?" she asked, softly rubbing her thumbs against his cheeks. he broke eye contact at this, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

"well, my dad didn't... understand, emotions... he took crying, or being upset about reasonable things as weakness... so i learned to just, not say anything." she frowned softly, making him look up at her.

"i'm sorry.. but, i wouldn't do that... you know that right?" he sighed.

"yeah, but it's still hard." he muttered back to her, looking back down. she sighed, and pulled his head softly to her before kissing his forehead.

"i know.. and thank you for telling me." his eyes met hers and for once that big strong man wasn't there. he had a soft look in his eyes, a look that a scared child would give you. she frowned and kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his body. he held onto her tightly, head nuzzled into the crock of her neck. the grip he had on her was something she never felt before. he held onto her like if he let go she'd disappeared, disintegrate into nothingness.

"are you okay?" she asked, playing with the hair at the back of his neck. he didn't respond, only squeezed tighter with a sniffle. juliana kissed his head and let him hold her. she knew he was upset from the fact that he wouldn't look at her, he wouldn't let her see him upset like this. they stayed like this for twenty minutes before he finally sat up to look at her.

"i'm sorry." he muttered, cupping her cheeks. she smiled softly, leaning forwards to let their lips meet.

"it's okay." she said warmly. he lifted her and carried her up to the head of the bed, laying down with her. they didn't even turn on the tv. instead they cuddled together and took in each other. soft kisses and praises were passed between the two for awhile before they drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms.