Chapter 2

I wake up to 15 missed calls and 6 text messages. I try calling my mom back. It rings and rings. "Kaylin where are you guys" she says. "Were at The Hyatt Place Hotel. On Barkley and seven. " I tell her. "Room number" she asks me. "13" I say. "Mom why " I say but before I do I hear a click. I open the door and find the boys still asleep. "You guys, I have to tell you something" I exclaim. Ever since dad died and mom left things have been almost completely silent. The boys wake up. "What Kaylin" they groan. "Mom called me and asked me where we were and what the room number was. " I tell them "What did she want" Derron asks. "I don't know. she didn't tell me" I say. I hear walking outside the door. I get up and go see a women standing outside the door. I open it. "Mom" I exclaim as I open the door. "Uh-oh Kaylin" my mom exclaims and piles in the room. I hug her then get defensive and push her away. "Where did you go" I ask her angrily. "I-I- I needed to think. I went home" she tells me. "You left us" Tyler steps in. "I just lost my husband" she says and sits down and places her head in her hands. "We just lost our dad leas than 24 hours ago" I exclaim. "Well You know I can't take care of you guys anymore" my mom tells us not looking up. "What do you mean" Derron asks. "You guys have to go somewhere else" she tells me. "Where do we have to go" I exclaim. "The government will figure that out" she says in an evil voice. "I hate you" Tyler yells. "Tyler" I say "Well Derron is 18 , and Derron has a Job. You have to worry about Kaylin and Tyler" Derron says. "I know. and the social worker is on its way here. I have it set up so that I will never have any communication with you ever again" she says as she looks me in the eye. "Why are you doing this" I cry. "You remind me too much of your Father. And" she laughs "The 3 of you are Hell and get on my last nerve. With your cell phones and clothes. Good God" she keeps going. We hear a knock on the door. "Well that must be the social worker" she says and smiles evily.