Chapter 2

Glancing down at my Alaska Airlines airplane ticket, I was to be seated in row 7 and in seat B.

Looking slightly upwards towards where the letters are positioned, my seat was in the middle of two nasty looking individuals.

But then I realized that on my right was the creepy older man who was staring at me in the airport earlier. At the moment he was reading his NewYork Times newspaper and I was quite glad he hasn't noticed me yet.

"Kali Young. Such a beautiful name to fit a beautiful girl like you." The way my name came off his tongue sent shivers down my spine. The feeling created an eerie atmosphere around us.

I didn't know what to reply so I simply just looked anywhere but at him.

"Cats got your tongue? I didn't take you as the shy type of girl. More like bold and daring." A glint of light shimmered in his eyes and his mouth was curved up into a sinister smile. I was utterly terrified.

"Do I know you?" I asked him, still avoiding looking into his dark green eyes.

He laughed an evil laugh and put his hand on my shoulder. I stiffened up and didn't move a muscle.

His face came closer to mine as he whispered into my ear, "No, but you will wish you never did."

I wanted to scream and shout rape, but who would help me? An Air Marshal? A girl could only hope.

Thinking swiftly for a quick escape, I stood up and excused myself for a bathroom break.

I searched the rows and seats for my manager Jeff.

"Kali? Is something wrong?" I hear Jeff ask me from the current row I was inspecting.

My eyes were full of fear and it was surprising, I've never been this scared before in my life.

Jeff noticed my state quickly as he too stood up and exited his row.

He brought me into a fast and reassuring hug.

"I'm sitting by a very sketchy man, switch seats with me."

Without hesitation he moved into my seat up front and I took his by two nice women.

I instantly put in my headphones and I allow the music to calm me. I carelessly fall asleep shutting down the outside world around me.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"Kali. Kali Odelia Young. Wake up!" I felt a slight tap on my right arm and I opened up one of my eyes.

My mother was standing in the aisle with a stern look across her face.

"It's time to wake up. The plane landed 30 minutes ago. I do not have time for this nonsense."

I stood up straighter and ran a hand through my long dark waves. Swiveling my head around I noticed that we were the only ones on the plane.

I guess I was really out of it.

My mom grabbed my elbow forcefully, pulling me out of the comfortable seat. She let me go and we both stomped out of the airplane.

I was greeted by my personal security guard, Roman, and he escorted me to the limo awaiting us outside.

Roman was around six foot seven and was overly muscular. As you can probably imagine, he is quite intimidating. I would even put money on it that he could win the next American Ninja Warrior.

I've gone through multiple bodyguards because my rude and confident personality was too much for them. Then my father found Roman from Gernalido's, the top security unit in the world. Like I've said before, my family has a ton of power over things.

Roman acts as a complete brother to me. I feel like he understands me better than any other guards I have had previously.

"Mrs. Young seems pissed. What did you do this time?" Roman asks cocking an eyebrow.

By now we've entered the monstrous hummer limo to get to my house in Beverly Hills.

"I might have fallen asleep during the flight and didn't wake up till I was the last one left." We both erupted in laughter and my mother sent us glares, which made us quickly quiet down.

The rest of the ride was awkwardly silent, so I decided to pull out my phone.

I received multiple tweets about my fabulous performance in Times Square and I have now reached over 18 million followers. The publicity of performing in New York gained me a lot of attention. I was now in the position of being a world wide icon.

I tend to seem like a role model on the outside, but in reality my personality doesn't fit the whole 'role model' standards. I'm very rude and inconsiderate when it comes to people.

I sigh in boredom and I'm relieved when we finally arrive thirty minutes later.

I swiftly get out of the car and walk up to the front steps where I'm greeted by Clemence, my utmost best butler.

"Kali, I'm glad to have you back." He says with a warming smile. I run up to him and he gives me a welcoming hug.

Clemence is old; so old that he is practically best friends with George Washington. Looking past his age, he is considered part of my family, almost like my grandfather.

When I was younger, I was constantly left alone because my parents were always working. During these boring hours, Clemence and I have created an unbreakable relationship where we only understand each other. He's a compassionate and funny man.

I run straight to my room to find my cute Yorkshire Terrier laying on top of my bed sheets.

"Armani!" I skip to the gorgeous animal that I've missed deeply.

She licks my nose and I giggle silently to myself.

"Kali there's a visitor for you at the door." Clemence announces on the intercom.

I quickly jogged down the steps and saw my best friend, Blair, standing in the door.

"Blair!" My face lit up and she had a casual smirk placed on hers.

We embraced in a hug and needless to say, I've missed her dearly.

"You and me and a whole lot of people are going clubbing tonight." She exclaims with a huge smile.

I roll my eyes at her enthusiasm to party. She's always had an addiction to ragers that came with alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

"If I get to spend time with you, then I'd be happy to accompany you." I reply with an added wink.

She jumps up and down with excitement and I can't help but laugh. Her long blonde hair gets stuck in her lipstick and she looks like a total mess.

"Lets get ready shall we?" I throw my dark brown waves behind my shoulder and strut up the stairs with Blair close behind.

If I know one thing, its that a party isn't a party without Blair and I'm positive that this night is going to be one to remember.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

*Picture of Blair*