Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing on the armchair next to me. Realizing it was only Aiden, my senses became calm once again.

Stretching my body in multiple flexible positions and making a very unattractive noise, my body woke up along with my mind.

I stood up off the couch and took in my surroundings. If I remember correctly, I was currently in the house working as a slave to Donny, my kidnapper.

All of this is true, oh so true. I can only dream of being back home and leaving all my chores to my personal maids.

I sigh and realize that I seriously need to escape this hell hole. I, Kali Young, should not be doing any tedious work.

I tipped toed into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets above me. I happened to find a loaf of bread along with a small bag of cheddar gold fish. I laughed to myself as I had never imagined me eating this type of food before. Especially not for breakfast.

As I began to lay out the food on a plate, I heard a slight movement outside the kitchen.

As Aiden emerged from the door, I sent him a lifeless stare. I have no idea why I have him that look, but my best answer is that I was spacing out.

"Well good morning to you too." He says to me in a monotone type of voice.

I continue to munch on the 5 star meal in front of me, looking up every few seconds.

"Is there a shower I can possibly use? I still feel quite disgusting from last night." I ask.

He nods his head and leads me up the stairs toward a well organized bathroom. I shut the door behind me and quickly got into the warm, refreshing water. I realize that I don't have any soap or shampoo with me. I mentally face palm and search frantically through the bathroom drawers. Giving up, I decide to use Aiden's shampoo that was already on the side of the tub.

I gently squeeze the contents of the bottle in my hand and take in the wonderful scent; it was intoxicating. Shaking the thoughts of my enemy out of my mind, I lather the shampoo in my long locks of brown hair. In the meantime I start to sing, more like rap, to the song 'Aye Ladies' by Travis Porter. When I went clubbing, it was one of my most requested songs.

Continuing to sing, I turned off the water and got dressed in the same sweatpants and sweatshirt. I seriously need to request new clothes that actually fit me properly.

Doing a once over in the mirror, I open the door and my singing comes to a halt as I see Aiden standing there with guilt written across his face.

"We're you listening to me?" I saw with a smirk. His eyes widen and he nods slowly.

"You're a good singer. Not even kidding." He shyly admits.

I mutter a small thanks and we both walk down the stairs getting ready for the day of work ahead of us.

"Children!" Donny yells from outside. Aiden and I speed walk to where he was standing and he stares at us for a good minute before speaking.

"I'm going out to the market. Don't try anything. Ferdinand is watching you two while I'm gone." We nod in response.

"Do you mind getting me some clothes? I can't stand these overly big sizes with my petite body."

Donny groans in annoyance, but eventually agrees.

Six minutes later, I can hear tires on the gravel as Donny drives off in his black mustang leaving Aiden and I alone. Well there was also Ferdinand, but I am a hundred percent positive that he is in a deep sleep.