Chapter 18

Meredith Grey

"Do you know anything" I ask Izzie as she walks into the room and George leaves.

Everyone is taking shifts to make sure I don't stress out again and right now it's Izzie's turn.

"Nobody has heard anything except that they took him into emergency surgery" she says.

"Okay" I sigh my hands moving to my huge bump.

"How are the twins doing Dr.Grey?" Dr. Montgomery asks walking into the room.

"I think they're the same from the last time" I say.

"That's great" she smiles.

"Great for me and the twins" I say quietly.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"Derek I don't know if he's okay" I sigh.

"Well believe in him, he's a fighter" she says checking everything over.

"I have to call his family" I say and look over to Izzie.

"Hand me my phone" I fake a smile.

She hands me my phone and I dial his moms number.

Once I finished up with her I stare at the ceiling. She told me that she'll tell everyone else.

I sigh putting my phone down rubbing my baby bump. "Be optimistic, think positive" Dr. Montgomery says before walking out of the room.

"How am I supposed to do that" I frown looking at Izzie.

"Well you do the best you can to believe he'll be just fine maybe they are doing a whipple or something" she says softly before Cristina shows up and that means it's time for her 'shift' as they call it.

"Bye Mer" she says and I wave softly and then she's gone.

"Derek's family will be here soon" I say after a long time of silence.

"You called?" she asks.

"Yes, I called" I say.

"Well at least they can't get mad at you for not calling" she says kicking her feet up on the couch and laying down.

"I guess" I roll my eyes.

"Speaking of them" she says quietly looking over at the door.

"No updates?" Christopher asks as him and Carolyn walk into my room.

"No" I shake my head softly.

"It's so unfair" Carolyn whispers looking at me for permission to touch my stomach.

I nod softly and when she put her hand on one of the babies started to kick. One of them always kicks when Derek puts his hand on my stomach he called her his little buddy, he calls the other one our little sleeper because she is very calm. Our sleeper is kicking right now.

"She's a happy baby" Carolyn smiles softly.

"Yes, if only they knew" I shake my head with a sigh.

"You're not very optimistic" Cristina sighs.

"Shut up Cristina" I say.

"It's your doctors orders" she grins.

"She was trying to make me feel better about this whole situation" I say.

"Her orders" she says.

"She was trying to make me feel better, right babies" I say to my stomach.

"I think it will all play out okay" Christopher says.

"Let's hope so" Carolyn says.

"Yes let's hope" I say.

There is a knock and we all look to the door way to see Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

521 words

cliffhanger

suggestions?