22 | Snow On The Black Wall

Silent.

It was silent as a dark pitch void.

It was silent as an empty building in the middle of nowhere.

It was silent as the snow fell from the sky, making its way to the ground.

That was Ryder's interpretation of the world outside. His snow boots digging through the white cold flakes falling from the sky. He had his head up high as he looked at the weather before him.

He had a hunch there might be a snowstorm happening due to an unusual amount of gray cumulus clouds covering the once blue sky. He wishes it wouldn't occur. It was far too nice to have a snowstorm. But, alas. He cannot stop the force of nature.

Just like how he can't stop the fact that his body keeps bringing him here to this very same spot in the Flappington castle ground every morning.

Ryder wasn't sure why his body would bring him here. There was nothing special in this garden, other than the fact that there's a nice looking frozen fountain and a small concrete bench covered in snow. It brings him comfort. He just wasn't sure why it's always this fountain and small bench. He can look at these objects any day of the week.

So why does his body want to see this very garden over and over and over again.

He wasn't sure why he couldn't control his body either.

Ryder was staying in the Flappington Castle for Christmas with his boyfriend and he gladly took the offer when he received the invitation. They've been dating for quite some time and were having plans of revealing it to the public. Everyone is so curious as to who Darius is seeing.

But, Ryder was still a bit hesitant about the whole ordeal. It's not like he doesn't want to, he was just scared of what the public would think. He knows that he can't change someone's opinion forcefully. But, let them change their point of view on their own.

He looked at his boots, now covered in snow and he sighed deeply. He really wishes his boyfriend would come around today. Ryder was informed that his lover might not be coming due to him exploring the skies every winter. 'It was for safety precautions,' his lover's father had told him.

It looks like his wish has come true.

Ryder felt a pair of familiar warm hands wrapped around his eyes. They felt a bit rash and it was rather strong due to him piloting his jet for god knows how long.

The stranger chuckled softly as a warm puff of air came out of his mouth and tickled the crook of Ryder's neck, giving the younger boy goosebumps. Ryder adores these types of moments he had with his lover. It was silent, it was calm... It felt nice.

"Darius, darling, I know it's you. Your chuckle and hands gave it away..." Ryder remarked as the older boy pry his hands away from the younger boy's eyes. He huffed. "You're no fun."

Darius; the young duke of Flappington, is in a courtship with Ryder for a year and a half now. They haven't told the public about this just yet, due to the younger boy feeling terrified of the opinions and thoughts of the people around him. Darius assured him it would be fine but Ryder insisted that they should wait a little while longer.

He wasn't ready to face it just yet. You can tell he's stalling. He is. So Darius decided to wait till Ryder is ready to announce their love for each other in public.

"You're back from your patrol a little early..." Ryder mentioned. "Is something wrong?" He looks at his lover while swiping away the small patches of snow that got caught on his coat. "Your father told me that you wouldn't be home till mid-day..." He added, worry started to cast on his brown doe eyes.