20 | A Ballad of Fire and Ice

It was a joyful winter day in Adventure Bay: no one was stirring, not even a pup. Except for one pup from the Paw Patrol. A Dalmatian named Marshall, to be specific.

Marshall was sitting down in the cold snow near the lookout, the white snow matching his white fur but clashing against the black spots littered around his whole body as he shivered lightly. He didn't want to go inside, after all everyone else was asleep, and the Dalmatian was doomed to be spending another Christmas alone. Was it even worth waking up for Christmas this time around, if it would just be the same old song and dance it was every single year?

Marshall smiled to himself as he looked up at the starry night. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve, and it seemed like the holiday season this year was playing out the exact same way as it always did for the Dalmatian.

He always enjoyed the holidays with his family in the Paw Patrol, but something about the never ending loneliness was making it feel off for him, considering he always saw Chase and Skye and Rocky and Zuma doing something even more special for their respective partners in the holiday season outside of the usual gifts passed around.

A shooting star gleamed through the night sky as Marshall made a wish inside of his mind, knowing it probably wouldn't come true. But what if it did?

*No, that's ridiculous Marshall and you know it. Wishes like this don't come true.* Marshall told himself as he laid down in the cold snow and smiled to himself, seeing the bright Christmas lights of the lookout behind him shining brightly against the pitch black night sky.

As Marshall stared up at the sky, he smiled lightly as he got up and out of the cold snow he was laying down in, walking slowly as he went into the lookout where the rest of the Paw Patrol were sleeping peacefully, except for Everest.

Marshall saw this and laid down next to Everest as he cuddled into her soft lavender fur. Everest yawned slightly and laid her head on top of Marshall's head before giving him a few licks on the nose. Marshall giggled softly and wrapped his tail around Everest in return as he hugged her close, the two pups feeling extremely safe next to each other as they fell asleep peacefully, getting some much needed rest before Christmas Eve tomorrow.

*Why couldn't my wish come true?* Marshall thought to himself quietly in the night as he laid there with his eyes closed, his tail still wrapped around Everest, who was fast asleep. "If only my wish could come true... then maybe I 'd have someone special to spend Christmas with me like everyone else has." The Dalmatian whispered to himself as he nuzzled Everest again softly, letting out a content sigh when she snuggled closer to him.

"I wish things weren't so lonely, I wish... I could just... not be alone for another Christmas. I know wishes are silly and never come true... but please... I just want at least one of these to come true." Marshall said as he buried his head into the fur on Everest's neck, drifting off to sleep as Everest's chest slowly moved up and down in line with her slow and relaxed breathing.

" Marshall said as he buried his head into the fur on Everest's neck, drifting off to sleep as Everest's chest slowly moved up and down in line with her slow and relaxed breathing