24 | Snowdrop's Faith: Become Whole

"I am the night, unseen and dangerous. What I find interesting shall be mine with no say. Even if one could, it'll be too late, for I'll be gone, just as your children."

The savage's furry paw overshadowed the whole, small, baked dough that screamed in a squeakish whine, "No, don't take me, please!"

"Your struggle only makes you more scrumptious." With a dark tone, the reply washed dread over the hopeless flat pastry, begging for its inanimate life like it was on its hands and knees (if it had them).

"No!" Those were its puppeteered last words.

The lights flicked on and an ominous silhouette was at the door. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Faster than the eye could see; faster than any bullet man could fire, the cookie disappeared, and what was left was the tiny boulders called crumbs that scattered on the matted floor and around the white pup's lips. The same pup had her eyes wide open, slow although obvious as she munched on the treat, being the culprit to what one should call murder until realized she was roleplaying as a monster to a defenseless critter.

In a swift motion, the tray by her side disappeared, carried on top of the brown pup's palm before she could even notice. Immediately, sobs came flowing out as she fell to the ground, her paws balled in desperation. She swore vengeance against the abuse and mistreatment. If she ever gets out alive in the forsaken room void of life, she'll make sure the apathetic pup before her suffers the same fate.

"Mmph!" Her mouth was blessed by the sweetness of a donut. Vanilla, to be exact. Chase brought her favorite flavour.

"Sorry, Sweetie. I can't have you eat all the treats."

The terrier sat up and looked away, still munching on her food like a hamster, whispering under her breath how the shepherd was forgiven for now. "I was hungry," she added.

"You're always hungry. Come on, everyone's waiting."

Gulping down the pastry that was allowed to trespass her mouth anytime, Sweetie got up and followed Chase, getting into an elevator. From there, they had the best view of Adventure City. The white powders of Christmas rained before their eyes and it unlocked their childish desires to play in the snow. The dream ended upon a "ding!" waking them into the lower floor scene of mystery and joy.

"There you are, Sweetie." Claw was the first to notice her, adjusting the plates of cookies and glasses of milk with precision.

"Waiting for Santa again?" Sweetie smirked.

"I want to ride his sleigh too! It's not fair that the PAW Patrol were free to do so. I made sure to be good this year just for it!"

"Like that time you stole bread from the bakery—"

Claw's fur stood on end as he shushed Chase to silence, earning a few giggles. "Don't say it out loud, Santa might hear you."

"Ho! Ho! Ho!"

Claw sprung from his position in fright, landing on a bean bag before everyone turned to the jolly-spotted-show, Marshall donning red and white, as well as Santa's hat, inducing a room full of laughter.

Sweetie followed Chase's eyes as he scanned the area to count heads, as per his responsibilities. Katie was playing with her cat; Callie, Everest and Tracker were putting up decorations, and even the Duke of Flappington was present and observing the place. Sweetie remembered being dragged by Chase when they heard the conversation between the previously evil duke and Ryder, confirming that the infamous royalty only came for a good time. To him, Christmas was no joke and deserved to be full of cheers, even if it meant delaying his plans. The same concept applied to Mayor Humdinger, although from the corner of the terrier's eyes, she spotted Mayor Goodway slapping the rivaling mayor's wrist for trying to sneak in a bite of the cookies. The royal pup was just as guilty though.