21 | In Search of The Obelus Flower

What would you do if you were given the chance to fulfill any of your desires?

Out in the wilderness, amidst the void darkness that inhabits the forestry, in the distance, an outflow of fireflies came into view. What these nocturnal creatures sought isn't what they seem, nor are their intentions the same.

Rather, it was a march of people in the woods, up and about to search for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to get ahold of the Obelus flower.

Many believed it was a mere myth or folktale that was passed from generations to another. The reason for its popularity is that it is said that it is able to make things come true..

..Riches — it can make it appear by your doorstep; the attention — bit by bit, people would flock over you; power — slowly you see yourself climb to the top; and most of all, health — the desire to dissipate all illness or revive once was lost to shine once more.

There's a reason why the flower holds less and so much attention simultaneously. The flower blooms in the most obscured places in the country, and only one germinates every twenty years in the most frigid seasons — December.

People called it ludicrous as it seemed it was a cheese trap for the greediest of the living things, but they could only conclude this so, for that they've never seen it themselves.

A few have claimed of its existence and got ahold of it, though that never happened again when it soon planted chaos in the quiet town. So, everyone who did manage to acquire the said floran product, they are to take that secret to the grave and brew themselves tea with its petals - fitting for only one or carelessly make it known that they have it and bring forth discordant or cessations.

Perhaps there was a reason why the world couldn't have it all.

Centuries ago, when the flower was first discovered, people rejoiced that there is now a possible elixir for every life-threatening situation. They shared high-fives, danced, and sang out-of-tune melodies.. It was a winsome entropy.

But as everyone soon discovered that the whole flower petal can only accommodate one drinker..

..Torches, pitchforks, and blasphemies echoed through the night and eventually broke through dawn. They all shouted at the same time, though reasons varied — some yelled it was for their withering gamble with fate, some preached to think of the children, and some hollered that they do not deserve this dirt-scavenging life.

Everyone had a voice. Yet they all yelled different things. But one thing they had in common was they all wanted it for themselves.

The smell of arson and rusting metal soon paved through the months and painted the snow in roses until there was nothing left of them..

..Dried tears, mouth agape, sooty clothes that are torn apart, and arms that lay helplessly on the ground. This taught everyone a lesson, and that is to keep that flower all for yourself.

But I'm here to prove that there's somehow a way to manifest that in fact, it is true —  desires can be obtained  but not what you perhaps have in mind.

But I'm here to prove that there's somehow a way to manifest that in fact, it is true —  desires can be obtained — but not what you perhaps have in mind